When listing service providers first, there is only one option

I do I get a drop down list of all service providers when listing SP first?

please see following page:
http://kellycasa.com/make-an-appointment/
I have granted access.
thanks,
matt

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Mattbkelly,

How are you doing today?

If you're looking to remove this dropdown you can definitely do that by tweaking up shortcodes a bit. I've checked the site you've provided access to but that doesn't seem to be the same site you linked to in your thread message.

Either way this can be done by adding the worker argument to app_monthly_schedule shortcode on your make an appointment page, so it looks like this:

[app_monthly_schedule worker="15"]

and removing the provider shortcode. Replace the numeric value to match the provider ID, you can check provider ID by going to Appointments -> Settings -> Service Providers, see screenshot.

If this doesn't work please grant us temporary admin access to the correct site please so I can take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Mattbkelly

http://kellycasa.com/make-an-appointment/
    is the site. It is the main site of a multisite. Can you access it?

I am aware of that shortcode. but on this page, I am trying to show all my workers, location and services without showing the many options of same services that are linked to different locations.

On the other side of that, on the following page: http://kellycasa.com/amy/ph/

I am trying to show just the location that is provided by a particular provider without showing the multiple services connected to other locations. I can't figure this one out....

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again Matt,

You have to select service first, as with the current setup and auto refresh the first selected service is "10 Min at bw" which is not the service your second provider is being available for so there is only once service provider available for that service.

You'll see if you select service first both providers will be visible or if you add "10 Min at bw" to amie as well there will be a different outcome on the front. I've temporary added "10 Min at bw" to amie so you can understand what I'm referring to, see the page now.

So a possible solution could be simply having service that both providers to as first service in the list if that makes sense.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Mattbkelly

That set up will work for now because I have at least one site that all the therapists share, but in February, that will not be the case. Do you have any other ideas for everything to be on one page?

or do I need to break it down with landing pages to the location page for every provider?
    example:
    Main Page- Massagetx.com: Providers Links (Matt, Amie, Jared, Kylin...)
    Providers Sub page - massagetx.com/matt: Locations links (BW, PH,WH....)
    Sub providers, sub locations scheduling page - massagetx.com/matt/bw: sub location pages (/bw, /ph/, /wh)

- only have 3 services offered (10, 20, 30 min tx)
    - use shortcode: [app_monthly_schedule ... worker="15", service="15"] for the scheduling pages

Is there any way to achieve the same thing using market press/memberships plugins and products categories or other features to create a dropdown list of puduct pages and sub product pages?

thanks,
    matt

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again Matt,

I've did some more testing and I wasn't able to find another solution aside from what I've wrote for the services, also this only happens if the service is not the first thing to select.

If you absolutely need your providers to be selected first, yes a possible solution would be to create pages for each of the providers and simply add links to those pages where you ill have specific provider calendars.

Is there any way to achieve the same thing using market press/memberships plugins and products categories or other features to create a dropdown list of puduct pages and sub product pages?

Not really, using appointments shortcodes would be the best way to do this.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Mattbkelly

the reason why I need to select provider first is b/c if i use the service for every location method, it lists too many services for each provider. So the order needs to be provider - location - service.

If I use the link for every provider's location, is there a way to add a drop down menu on the lading page that will navigate to each link?

i.e.
    Pick a provider (drop down of provider options)
    Pick a service (drop down of just 3 categories of services)
    Pick a location: (drop down of that provider's location links for appointments)

I guess the question is there a plugin/code to allow page/product categories to become a drop down menu?

thanks,
    matt

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again Matt,

You can use HTML select by adding something like this to your page using text editor:

<select onChange="window.location.href=this.value">
        <option value="provider-page-1">A</option>
        <option value="provider-page-2">B</option>
    </select>

The result will be dropdown with links to pages where you can set each provider with their calendars.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.