when Multi-domains is activated, the signup form is messed up

Hi,

when Multi-domains is activated, the signup form is messed up.

Without the plugin, you can see in the picture a normal sign up page, where the domain is displayed after the SIte Name: and before the insert field.

With the plugin activated, you can see in the second picture, the domain has dissapeared after the Site Name: and only a backslash is displayed. The selection item of the domain is siplayed at the bottom of the page.

Can you please fix it?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

I was just testing this in my sandbox install and I'm not getting an issue.

Can you please test in the default Twenty Eleven theme and see what happens.

Failing that, I notice you have some other stuff going on in your forms there. Please try deactivating all plugins and then testing. If it works then re-enable each plugin one at a time until the issue happens again, this should tell us where the issue is.

Please let us know how you get on.

Take care.

• HARALAMBOS
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi again,

WP 3.3.1, Multi-domains 1.1.6

I have tried with twenty eleven and I have also deactivated the WPMU plugins that I am using (Set blog description, blog templates, set password, signup code).

The result is still the same. On top you just get a backslash and at the bottom the domain selection. I am using subdomains in my network. The domain selection should be at the top, like it is in a single domain, otherwise It is very confusing

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

I am using subdomains in my network.

This could very well be your problem. :disappointed:

Please check the plugin’s installation instructions. Especially the part about wildcards and dedicated ip. Are you on shared hosting?

BTW. Can you (in spite of the “presentation” issue) actually assign a different TLD other than your main one?

marikamitsos

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

Are you sure you have your network configured for sub-domains and NOT sub-directories?

If you have sub-domains configuration your links should look like: site1.example.com and site2.example.com

On the other hand sub-directories are: example.com/site1 and example.com/site2

Just trying to pin down the issue.

marikamitsos

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

@Haralambos

Are you planning to support subdirectories?

I don’t think this would be possible since it does NOT have to do with the way the plugin works but but how networks and servers function.

Anyway. Timothy provided you with a solid answer. :slight_smile:

@ Timothy

The plugin is currently for sub domains only.

I find that many people tend to miss that point.

I think it would be nice to have a note about that on the plugin’s instructions page.

If you feel the same could you please properly update them?

PS: Furthermore, I felt reluctant on mentioning that because on the changelog for version 1.1.5 it says:

Released Date: 2011-10-13

Changelog:

Fix for new site creation on sub-blogs.

I personally never used it on subfolders, so I couldn’t advice any further.

Thanks for taking care of it. :slight_smile:

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I think it would be nice to have a note about that on the plugin’s instructions page.

If you feel the same could you please properly update them?

Already there. :wink:

PS: Furthermore, I felt reluctant on mentioning that because on the changelog for version 1.1.5 it says:

Released Date: 2011-10-13

Changelog:

Fix for new site creation on sub-blogs.

I personally never used it on subfolders, so I couldn’t advice any further.

Ya, sub blogs, not sub directories.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.