When my page loads

Hi,
When my page loads it loads very ubruptly can you guide me how to solve this issue

when it loads first i dont load fonts or css

Thanks

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Shaan-

The wordpress dashboard all together is running pretty slow for me. When I analyze your url on GTmetrix I can see that perhaps the images you have on the homepage is bogging down the load speed. (This is causing your styles to jump) You also have no form of server side caching. I recommend looking into our Hummingbird . It is great for optimizing speed of load-time. In short it can analyze, minify, compress, merge, cache and is integrated with CloudFare for CDN purposes. Also make sure you are compressing your images with our Smush plugin as this is ideal for pages with heavy graphics. I installed Hummingbird, but did not activate it. I would certainly encourage you to look into it. Designing a website on a live server can be a daunting task, but it does not have to be.

If you haven't yet, just as a safety measure I recommend you increase your WP memory limit. As your database grows and you utilize more plugins this can cause you havoc in the future.

Go into your root folder that contains your wordpress installation and find the wp-config.php file, you then want to add this line of code directly beneath, define('WP_DEBUG', false); :

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

see image below:

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Shaan-

Have you consider a preloader for your site? By doing that, the user only sees the loader until all graphics are loaded. I installed a plugin from the repository, that seems to work well with your theme. Play around with the settings, see if you can find a loader that goes well with your design and consider that as an option. The speed of the loading for your homepage does average 7s. Which is better than the overall average of all websites loading time of 8s. I recommend just masking the loading of images with the preloader, that way when the user finally sees your site, its all loaded nice and pretty :slight_smile:

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.