When my users create new site, they can do it, but the url

When my users create new site, they can do it, but the url ie xxx.mysite.com is not accessible. Browser reports that the page doesn't exist. I have contacted hosting support, the problem is not on their site, wildcard is set normally..so no clue. Now users can register their site, but it's not published - obvioulsly. What to do, any solutions?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

If anything.domain.com is not working then it's definitely a DNS issue. At worst when working it should forward you to the main domain.

DNS changes should be instant pretty much these days. But sometimes it does take time to propagate (as Tyepo kindly mentioned), often this can simply be down to DNS cache.

You didn't mention the domain so I wasn't able to check, could you please share?

Cheers.

• Goran
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for your answer. The problem is that hosting support was able to access the sites immediately but nobody else can access the new made pages. So, if it takes so long to propagate, will it be the same for every newly created site?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Once it's propagated, if that's the problem, then every new site will be accessible instantly.

Since your hosting support can access the site that makes me think that it probably is that it just hasn't propagated to your ISP yet.

Try accessing it via your cell phones browser (with wifi turned off).

It should take less than 4 hours for it to propagate in most cases. How long as it been since you created it?

• Goran
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have tried to access it through different ISP, like with my cell, but nothing. Well, the site just came up two hours later now. This is fine, but what worries me if this is going to happen to every new site that is created by users? So, they get a link with their new site url and it is not accessible..What to do then, notify them that they should wait for hours?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.