When network activated popup pro menu appears on sub site dashboards.

Hi,

I just installed popup pro. I then network activated it from the network admin dashboard plugins. However the popup menu did not appear on the network dashboard. The menu did appear on my top level domain dashboard as well as the sub domain dashboards. I tried deleting and re-installing but no luck. For some reason network activation is making the popup menu available to all sub sites rather than just the network dashboard?

Thanks,
Russell

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Russell!

That's actually exactly how it should work. Your network admin dashboard isn't for a particular site, it's for your entire network, so the only settings you'll see on your Network Admin will be for things running behind the scenes network-wide. You'll set up your PopUp(s) on the actual site where they'll be showing up.

Does this help clear things up a bit? I can explain in a bit more detail if you need it.

Thanks for your question!

• M00d

Thanks for the reply but that's not how I need it to work. I want only myself the admin to be able to set popups across all sites on my network. I don't want the users of my free blog service to have access to the popup menu. Right now I as the admin don't have access to the popup menu at all on the network dashboard but the TLD site and user sites do, I need this reversed. How can I make it so only I can set popups for the entire network?

Thanks!

• M00d

Solved...

Maybe this is in the instructions somewhere but if so I overlooked it. Here is how I got Pop up Pro to work network wide.
    I edited the config-defaults.php file located in the /inc/ folder.
    I changed this:
    // Multi-Site setting
    // True .. the plugin operates on a global site-admin basis
    // False .. the plugin operates on a blog by blog basis
    if ( ! defined( 'PO_GLOBAL' ) ) {
    define( 'PO_GLOBAL', False );

To this:

// Multi-Site setting
    // True .. the plugin operates on a global site-admin basis
    // False .. the plugin operates on a blog by blog basis
    if ( ! defined( 'PO_GLOBAL' ) ) {
    define( 'PO_GLOBAL', True );

It is working as expected now. What threw me off was that the old popup plugin put the popup menu on the network dashboard, popup pro puts the menu on the top level domain. Also the po_global is in a new location.

Thanks!