When Posting how do I get it onto an appropriate Page?

Hello all.

This is probably a very basic question. On my blog I created several pages with different topics. Now I had someone be an editor of my blog, and I want to give her complete control over what she wants to write about. Only thing is that I want her to post on various topics on the separate pages. How can she post on the different pages that are made? Will I have to edit it manually myself?

Lastly, can I ask what is the Categories used for? Is it a way to label a post?

Thanks,

Virgil

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Virgil,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

How can she post on the different pages that are made? Will I have to edit it manually myself?

If you assign him an editor role then she can made the changes in pages or create new one herself.

Lastly, can I ask what is the Categories used for? Is it a way to label a post?

Categories provide a helpful way to group related posts together, and to quickly tell readers what a post is about. Categories also make it easier for people to find your content. You can use tags to label a post.

Best Regards,

• Virgil

Hi Vinod,

What I want to do is allow her to post freely but in various sections of the site. The theme that I have only allows her to post in the front page. Is that normal with Wordpress? But my goal is to let her post something which goes into a link or category? Does that make sense?

Basically, I want to get a post nested into a category or link. Do you break down categories that way?

Thank you,

Virgil

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Virgil,

Thanks for your reply.

The theme that I have only allows her to post in the front page. Is that normal with Wordpress?

No it's not normal and she can always post from the site back end by logging in to back end of your site from the path http://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin

But my goal is to let her post something which goes into a link or category? Does that make sense?

Yes it makes sense and she can do it by logging in to back end of your site.

Basically, I want to get a post nested into a category or link. Do you break down categories that way?

Yes you can do it by using categories.

Best Regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.