When processing new rss feed in Autoblog, v 3.9.2 throws $this when error on "process" cli

When clicking "process" on a new rss feed in v 3.9. 2 I get this error:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /plugins/autoblog/autoblogincludes/includes/functions.php on line 82

This is the feed url I used: http://www.youtube.com/rss/search/indiegogo.rss

This feed had about 20 items when I clicked "test".

For reference I am using the $item = $feed->get_item($x); if ( !is_object( $item ) ) { continue; } permalink fixing bug hack.

Update: Feeds appear to be processing correctly so perhaps this is just an issue with the re-opening of the All Feeds page?

• aecnu

Greetings CodeRepublic,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I was carefully studying the RSS feed URL that you are giving and it is strange in itself in construction since for a long time I have been using the following structure for YouTube feeds without error:
    http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/newsbusted/uploads

But you are obviously using an open open ended search query.

So I decided to try your feed the way you have it laid out on my test production server and for the first time ever received the following error as well when clicking process:
    Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/aecnuwpm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/autoblog/autoblogincludes/includes/functions.php on line 82

I totally believe this is because this is by no means a static feed and in two years I have never seen this error with any other feed ever.

I personally believe that this is not the intended use due to the search query, which of course the URL changes etc.

However, before I totally stick my foot in my mouth saying this is 100% not the intended use, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.