When searching google with site:maindomain.com, all sub sites are listed.

Here's the problem. If you do a google search for site:maindomain.com you'll see all of the subsites' pages of the Multisite network.

I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this somehow as I really don't want anyone to see all of my client's sites that way.

I was thinking that it could be possible if I used the Multi Domains plugin and had all new sites created on a different domain but I wouldn't want to give clients the option to choose a domain name on signup. I'd want to have them automatically use a particular domain. Is this possible or is there another solution?

• Ash

Hello @traviscf

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this somehow as I really don't want anyone to see all of my client's sites that way.

I don't think there is a way as the subsites are associated with the main site url so google will pick those up.

If you multi-domain plugin, you can use a hack to force the user to use the additional domain. If you are good with jQuery, you can make the additional domain as selected and then hide the select drop down box.

If you need help with coding, please share me a link of the register page when multi domains are enabled.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.