When the page is liked nothing is displayed.

When a user likes the page (using my facebook account to test) nothing happens. Sometimes a little box appears below after you like but you can't read it because its cut off.

Specific Page http://iphonehax.net/promotions/

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

This is an odd one. Can you tell us how you have the Pay with a like plugin setup?

Under the "Revealed content selection method" choose "Use selection tool" then select the content within your post or page and wrap it in a PWAL shortcode.

If that's how you're already doing it, there might be an issue with something else also loading the Facebook Scripts. Are you using anything else on the site that might be trying to load facebook.

I don't think it has to do with your personal Facebook account, I tried it from my end and got the same behavior you're seeing.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes!

• _981
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I'm reinstalling the wordpress installation and starting from scratch.

I'll update you here and let you know if it works after I try again.

Thanks! Should respond back here in an hour.

EDIT: I'll install nothing but this plugin at first (including themes) so that I can be sure.

• _981

Update: It appears this problem still occurs... The new page is http://iphonehax.net/?page_id=5

When I do end up liking the page, the term "Confirm" appears below the counter.

When I click Confirm a popup appears to confirm that I wish to like the page.

Then the little box appears below again thats cut off so I can't tell what it's trying to say, and the content within the [pwal id="##HIDDEN##" description="Test"]Result[/pwal] still does not appear. (I made the pwal id hidden because I'm not sure if this is secret to everyone or not.. I dont think it is but just to be safe).

So it appears even with a fresh wordpress installation the same thing occurs.

This was the main reason I got my wpmudev subscription :slight_frown:

• _981

Tweeting works.

I also figured out that the little box that I cannot see that gets cut off is a comment box. The box only appeared after I left all services (fb twitter etc) to pay with on, giving the box more height not cutting off the comment field that appeared.

This was done on another separate wp installation. I am still requiring the facebook like to work.

• _981

As this issue has been found on fresh installations of WordPress on different servers even, I don't think you need to use my wp installation to test this out further. I am going ahead with the designing of my site which may cause links/areas that I mentioned where this problem already occurred unavailable. If you can get this working on your own installation with the Facebook Like option please let me know. I will keep an eye on this and also update it in the very near future when I am able to retouch this plugin.

This was the main reason I joined WPMU DEV.. So hopefully it can get fixed soon! Thanks.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Tyler,

I am seeing some odd behavior when only having the Facebook service selected in the tools. For me likes are still getting recorded though.

Can you tell us exactly how you've got PWAL setup so we can make sure it's reproducible behavior.

Thanks!

• _981

I have attached a screenshot of my settings.

@Hakan,
    Earlier I had installed a fresh copy of wordpress and installed only the pwal plugin with the default wordpress theme. The same issue occurred. I haven't tried working with pwal since I added the Ultimate Facebook plugin. That is why the facebook was being called already. But yes I have made the change you requested and the same bug occurs.

The page in question is http://iphonehax.net/promotions/

The shortcode used within the page is [pwal id="14723506" description="TEST"]TEES[/pwal]

Thanks.

By the way, can you even get this plugin working on your own installation? I've tried every setting on fresh out-of-box installations and have yet to get it working for Facebook likes. It worked with Twitter, however I need for it to work on Facebook only.

• _981

In the time being I will be making pages that require login, and facebook login only. But this restricts all users to be facebook active now. might make $5 off coupons on the pages that require facebook login.. or perhaps send non registered users on the main site to a guest checkout in a whole different wp installation, that way the discount code doesn't apply on the second guest checkout.

thats my only thought on a temp soultion. if anyone else has this problem tweak my approach maybe and get some kind of a work around.

the facebook login and forced facebook login is used from the ultimate facebook plugin here.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Tyler,

First of all, of course all of our plugins are tested several times using several configurations. I am seeing something like this for the first time.

In fact, I can see the cause of the problem: fb;like tag comes after the closing p tag, but this should not be happening. It should be wrapped inside the paragraph p tag.

Did you add the [pwal], as you say it, "shortcode" manually or later edited it? Please note that it is not a shortcode (I never mentioned anywhere that it is a shortcode) and you should only use Selection Tool to insert it. If so, remove it and insert it again using the tool.

If this information does not help, please send me your admin credentials using our contact form:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Nickname
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yeah i have the same problem. I just tested it and the facebook button does not work. And i using the latest wordpress, IE, Firefox ang google crome. And i dont have any other sharing buttons on the site that can make script conflict on this one.

• _981

For some reason I got it working. I deleted cookies that the pwal plugin created, and removed the app and all related likes from the profile i was using to test a facebook like. After doing that I got it working, and could repeat the process.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.