When translations carried out by collaboration platform are applied?

I have some doubts about the translations.
I know WPMUDEV has a collaboration platform of translations of their plugins. Such translations are applied to the plugins only when they reach 100% of the translated content? How and when they are applied? How do I configure the use of them, only by setting the language of my WordPress installation?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @philipedornelas,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Such translations are applied to the plugins only when they reach 100% of the translated content?

Translations don't need to be at 100% in order to work, translated strings will be translated and once that are not will show as original text.

How and when they are applied?

Translations actually need to be applied manually by uploading it to your server.
    For example, let's say you want to translate Membership 2 plugin.
    You will go to translation on this page here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/membership2

Click on language that you need, now scroll down and click on Export button.
    This will download .po file and it's name depends on language chosen.
    For example, for French it will be named like this membership2-fr_FR.po

You can now open this file using software like PoEdit which will allow you to translate missing strings yourself, or change existing ones.
    After you are done with changes save the file and it will create another file with same name but with .mo extension.
    You will now have membership2-fr_FR.po and membership2-fr_FR.mo files.

Last thing left to do is access your WP installation via FTP and navigate to wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder and place both file there.

When you now change your WordPress language to French it will also translate the plugin using those files.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.