When updating the plugin, i lose all subscribers. is there

When updating the plugin, i lose all subscribers. is there a way to do this without losing existing subscribers?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Monika

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

Indeed there is. :slight_smile:

Before updating the plugin, go to the Subscribers screen and click the Download CSV button.

Then update the plugin and go to the Add Subscribers screen & click the Browse button where you see CSV File.

As you are importing existing subscribers, you may also want to check Do not send confirmation emails. :slight_smile:

Please let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need to.

• Monika
    • New Recruit

Got it. That worked. The only thing is that it resets the subscribe date to today so there is no record of when the email first subscribed.

Also, i downloaded the sample CSV file and added email addresses, many at first and then i also tried adding only 2 but in every upload it imported all of the emails as one entry. Anything special to know there? I'm saving as CSV and only have one column with email addresses. I also tried to use the exported CSV file but got the same result there.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Monika, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I'm presently seeing that the sample .csv file is being imported properly on my test site, the two entries are being inserted as separate subscribers.

I'd like to have a closer look at this here, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include a copy of the edited .csv file you're trying to import (you can upload it to a service like Dropbox, and provide a link to it there)
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Monika

I hope you're well today!

Apologies for the previous delay as I was off for the weekend and our backlog is a bit nuts these days.

I'm glad to hear to you found a solution to the issue. Do you mind telling us what that solution was? It may help other members who come across this thread while searching for help for a similar issue.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.