when using e-newsletter plugin in multisite, do I send from network admin or root site?

(not getting installed plugin menu. might be my internet connection. setting to 'advanced wordpress' question instead)

anyway, basically in the title. i've gotten the e-newsletter plugin. is it better form to send the newsletter from my network admin dashboard? (at least for newsletters from the main site, 'intothemythica.com'.

i understand that i can use the newsletter with different sites within my network, just wondering about the main site.

thanks!

• Griffin
    • The Crimson Coder

update:

subscribe button not sending confirmation email out to members.

perhaps I haven't set up something properly?

when I send the newsletter manually, it also has not reached them (but has reached my email address, strangely. Perhaps this relates to them both coming from the same cPanel site? not sure. help?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Griffin,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

With e-newsletter, if your sending to all the sub site admins, you'll be sending from the network admin > e-newsletter :slight_smile:

For the widget issue, can you grant me support access please via the WPMU DEV dashboard > support > support access and click "Grant Access" :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Griffin
    • The Crimson Coder

this plugin keeps messing up on me.

one moment it seemed I got the settings right on my host, and then it was sending newsletters to people who confirmed ...

then I tried to get it to send a subscription automatic, looked up the page id; etc. in the 'settings' of e-newsletter. nada. and the wordpress hangs on my main page rather than following through.

* now *, after previously having worked (subscription not working; adds member but does not send newsletter); it now is not sending newsletters at all.

????

• Griffin
    • The Crimson Coder

Nope. No new data. Went back to the plugin and found my settings were erased.
    Re-installed settings, went through process of going to my cPanel in my web host and clarifying; trial & error.

Last night, it seemed to be working fine; with the exception of not sending a registration newsletter to beings signing up on the home page (intothemythica.com). I played with a few fields in the SETTINGS part of the e-newsletter plugin, such as PAGE ID and the newsletter ID ( 1: , for example).

Then, the newsletters just stopped being sent. I did not know if this was due to some unknown quality with my host (which I doubt, but is a possibility) or if the plugin simply stopped working.

I don't understand what You did. Did you check the subscription button on the homepage? Did you send yourself a test e-newsletter? Did you check to see if it was coming from my cPanel host to You?

Please advise.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Griffin,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information.

When I logged in, I edited the widget settings for the subscriptions, nothing else in e-newsletter.

Due to the issue with it working, then not working, this sounds like it's a intermittent fault with your host, this is possibly caused by you reaching email limits within your hosting plan, do you send any other email using your hosting account?

Can you check your error logs please in cPanel > Logs > error log.

Please advise! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.