When using Stripe

When using Stripe in sandbox mode, it says processing and then the processing icon goes away and nothing happens. I asked on forum and another WPMUDEV member said the sandbox is not supporting recurring payments accounting to Stripe:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-site-test-payment-not-processing

• Luís

Hi Coffeegeek ,

Hope you're doing well today!

After the live chat, I asked to other teammates to test this too, but they were not able to replicate. So, I believe there must be something else conflicting.

I would like to get the valuable feedback from our SLS team (code experts), so, can you share the FTP access to your site, so they can investigate this further? If yes, please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:
    Subject: "Attn: Luis Lopes"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/information

Cheers, Luís

• Coffeegeek

Hi Luís,

Any update on your end on this issue? From my side, I tried with PayPal and the site created correctly after payment in sandbox. On Stripe, I do get a status 200 OK on the Stripe.com log, but the payment screen just reloads and the site is not created.

I would really like to use Stripe as the recurring payment process is much better for the users. Please let me know if the dev team saw an issue.

Best regards,
    Brandon

• GeekMaster

Hello,

I was experiencing the same thing with Stripe and I was scratching my head for over a week. I figured out the reason & a temporary solution so I'm posting this here to help you out.

However, that solution is not convenient and WPMUDEV team needs to update Prosites because it can no longer connect/sync with the latest API version of Stripe and that is the main issue.

Let me explain:

With the new Stripe API version 2018-02-28 (latest), Stripe has migrated all plans to products so if you are using the new version, you will not see "plans" tab in the dashboard, instead you will only see "products" tab. More about that here: https://stripe.com/docs/api#plans

Older version

New version

When I was testing payments using Stripe, I was getting these errors:
    "Stripe plan examplesite_com_4_12 plan does not exist"
    OR
    "It will say processing and nothing happens"

If you go to your Stripe dashboard and look under "Subscriptions" > "plans" /or "products" on Stripe, you should see all your Prosites plans created there automatically. If you don't see anything, it means that Prosites couldn't create these plans for you and it won't be able to find them.

As far as I understand, Inorder for Prosites to process payments using Stripe, it first needs to
    create those plans on Stripe for you via API, then it has to sync with the plans.

So If the plans don't exist on Stripe or If the plans IDs, names, values ..etc do not match with what you have on Prosites it won't work.

That's why I think that Prosites needs to be updated to fix this issue and to work with Stripe properly.

My temporary FIX:

This is not convenient but I have managed to fix the issue and process payments using Stripe by creating the plans in Stripe manually. However, the tricky part here is that you'd need to makesure that each plan "name", "ID", "Price" & "interval" match what you have on Prosites.

I was able to figure out that info. by looking at Stripe logs, I saw something similar to that:
    "amount": "41988",
    "interval": "year",
    "interval_count": "1",
    "name": "Business: Yearly",
    "currency": "USD",
    "id": "mysite_com_4_12"
    }

Using the info. above, I have created a plan on my Stripe account named "Business: Yearly" and I've given it the same id "mysite_com_4_12" and ofcourse I entered the same $ amount and interval.

When I tested that plan on my site using Stripe, it was processed successfully. That has proven my point.

The problem with this method though:
    - You will need to figure out the name, Ids ..etc for each plan to create them manually. (prone to errors and waste of time)
    - If you offer a free trial, Stripe has an option for a free trial when you create each plan. I'm offering a free trial on Prosites and I selected "no free trial" on Stripe because I didn't want to offer free trials incase the site is upgraded!

When I tested the payment it was processed and the amount was charged direclty eventhough I have a free trial setup on Prosites, which again means that Prosites doesn't have any control on that and it needs to be updated.

I hope this has cleared things for you and that it has also saved time for the developers since I've posted a similar thread about the same isue.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them on how to solve the issue using a better fix than my manual approach.

I've wasted alot of time with that issue and I had to push my project back until I get it solved so I'm hoping that WPMUDEV will push a proper fix to Prosites soon.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.