Mapping new Domain with W3 Total cache page cache is enabled issue

When W3 Total cache page cache is enabled and a new domain is mapped example.com produces a download.gz file for download when navigating to the newly mapped domain instead of loading the site.

W3 Total cache page cache has to be cleared for site with newly mapped domain to load properly.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @northgate

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I think this is not a question but a suggestion :slight_smile: And yes, when page cache is enabled, after adding a new domain, you need to clear the cache.

Thanks for bringing this point at the top.

Cheers
    Ash

• northgate
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Correct this is not a question, it is more of a suggestion for improvement. To enable a domain to be successfully mapped without have to possibly manually clear the entire multisite cache.

If the cache for the newly/updated mapped domain can be automatically cleared that would be great.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there northgate,

Thanks for the great suggestion. I think features like this should be added to the caching plugins as well where they should play well with the major other plugins being used in the world of WordPress :slight_smile:

I have however moved this to "Features and Feedback" and sent a note to our lead developer Sam for his feedback and see what he thinks of the possibilities to add some sort of integration with the major caching plugins in the market where we can add an option to clear the cache once a new domain is added.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.