Bug with Classifieds plugin

When we click on Set Featured Image when creating an ad, it links to the "my account" membership page.
When an ad is saved and subsequently clicked to open, it returns error 404.
Strange code appears at the bottom of the Create New Ad page see attached image.

Using Kleo WP theme with Buddypress

Please advise.

• Nigel Evans

Update - I have resolved the set featured image resolving to accounts page, by unchecking the access to media manager box.

However, another issue is evident and that is in the Classifieds display page - see image attached. When the poster specifies an image and uploads it, it does not "sit" correctly in line, it sits above the description box. When an image is not uploaded and the "stock" image is displayed it renders correctly (see the ad attached, where the iracehonda logo is the stock image). Also, why is there a full width version of the uploaded image displayed at the top of the page? Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nigel,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Thanks for letting me know that you were able to solve the first issue. As for your remaining questions - these issues are caused by the theme:

When the poster specifies an image and uploads it, it does not "sit" correctly in line, it sits above the description box. When an image is not uploaded and the "stock" image is displayed it renders correctly (see the ad attached, where the iracehonda logo is the stock image).

It seems that either the theme is not resizing these images or it overrides some CSS styles.

Also, why is there a full width version of the uploaded image displayed at the top of the page?

That's a featured image and the theme is picking it up from listing. Classified ad is in fact a post of custom type and it does include "featured image" option. Theme doesn't differentiate between "regular" post and "classified ad" custom post type.

That said, both these issues should be relatively easy to fix with a little bit of custom CSS code. I'll be happy to help you with that but since your site seems to be membership-protected I think I'm not able to access any of these ads. Could you please grant me a support access to the site using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin so I could visit your classified ads and research CSS code?

Here's a guide on this:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Milan

Hello Nigel Evans,

Hope you won't mind me chiming here.

it seems like you have enabled support staff access has been expired, would you please regnant it one more time. ?

I am not able to 'secure' the Classifieds page so that it can only be viewed by the members? I have set this in the page admin as usual with all the other pages, but it doesnt seem to work.

What methods are you applying to secure page ? Are you making pages private or using some third party plugin to protect your single classifieds pages ? Would you please advice bit more on this.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello again Nigel Evans,

Sorry for misunderstanding. I thought you have not enabled support staff access and haven't looked at your registered sites. I should have done this. :slight_smile:

But anyway, let's focus on your issues one by one. :slight_smile:

Also, why is there a full width version of the uploaded image displayed at the top of the page?

I am not able to see this in action. What I can see in every classified page is this,

Can you please point me to page where I can see this issue in action ? Something like page link ?

When the poster specifies an image and uploads it, it does not "sit" correctly in line, it sits above the description box

Can you please use this css snippet to arrange this well, ?

.cf-info{
        margin-left: 0px;
        float: right;
        width: 70%
    }

You may want to leverage this nice plugin to manage above css snippet if your theme is not supporting custom css edits. :slight_smile:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Pages are being secured using Paid Memberships Pro plugin.

Thanks for confirming this, Can you please try with this bit of php code ?

/*
    	Add the PMPro meta box to a CPT
    */
    function my_page_meta_wrapper()
    {
    	//duplicate this row for each CPT
    	add_meta_box('pmpro_page_meta', 'Require Membership', 'pmpro_page_meta', 'classifieds', 'side');
    }
    function pmpro_cpt_init()
    {
    	if (is_admin())
    	{
    		add_action('admin_menu', 'my_page_meta_wrapper');
    	}
    }
    add_action("init", "pmpro_cpt_init", 20);

You can paste above code snippets in your functions.php file of your current active theme or better in its child theme's functions.php file because changes in theme's core file wont' be preserved when it gets updated.

Or better option is that you use this nice plugin Code Snippets

Hope this helps you.
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Nigel Evans

j
    https://iracehonda.com/classifieds/
    when you look at this Classified Home page you will see the full width featured image, which I do not want. See image below.

Also, the actual ad post page is not a very aesthetic result, you will see the text is full width but the summary and photo are not - deo0snt look very good? see second image.

The add new ad page - there is no box for price! also there is some code displayed toward the bottom - see highlight on third pic attached.

Few bugs in there!

Thanks.

• Milan

Hello again Nigel Evans,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

https://iracehonda.com/classifieds/
    when you look at this Classified Home page you will see the full width featured image, which I do not want. See image below.

I can't see any full width featured image on page you've mentioned. Please see this screenshot.

Have you managed this issue ? Or I am missing something here. ?

Also, the actual ad post page is not a very aesthetic result, you will see the text is full width but the summary and photo are not - deo0snt look very good? see second image.

Yes I can see that in action, but if you want to tweak this somewhat, will be specific about it ? If you can specifically describe what do you want to achieve, I can try well. :slight_smile: Please describe change you want in detail. ( i.e. I want to change title color to green )

The add new ad page - there is no box for price! also there is some code displayed toward the bottom - see highlight on third Pic attached.

Have you modified or overridden any core file of plugin ? Or have you added any custom code ? That text is actually shortcode but I cant' find any such in the list of Classifieds supported shortcodes. Also it would be great if you can just send me your ftp and wp admin credentials to dig deep into this issue.

Would you be able to send in your FTP and wp-admin credentials so I can take a look ?

You can send the info through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Once we have this information then I can debug the issue further :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello Nigel Evans ,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here. I hope you won't mind it.

The add new ad page - there is no box for price! also there is some code displayed toward the bottom - see highlight on third Pic attached.

First of all thanks a lot for sending me requested credentials. I've just dig down a bit into core files of plugin and found out that there was a typo in plugin's core file which I've corrected on your site and created correction ticket for this bug on our end to solve this as fast as possible. So our developer will soon fix this and update plugin.

Here is what change I did on your end,
    File path: classifieds/ui-front/buddypress/members/single/classifieds/update-classified.php
    <strong Line NO: 225
    Mistake :

<?php echo do_shortcode('[custom_fields_input" style="editfield"]'); ?>

Correction :

<?php echo do_shortcode('[custom_fields_input style="editfield"]'); ?>

Can you confirm that your this issue is resolved now ? If not then could you be able to apply these changes on your end. ?

Why the Price and Duration fields are missing.

Actually Classifieds plugin renders Price and Duration fields with the help of [custom_fields_input style="editfield"] shortcode. As issue with that shortcode has been fixed on your end, these fields should also be shown up.

iracehonda.com/classifieds for BIG featured image

Yes this time I was able to see that BIG featured image. You can hide with this bit of css code.

body.archive.post-type-archive.post-type-archive-classifieds .article-media{
    	display: none;
    }

Just paste this code into your custom css editor of your theme or just leverage this nice plugin,
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Hope this helps ? Looking forward to hearing back, :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello Nigel Evans ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for getting back to us on this one. :slight_smile:

I've again applied fix on your end, can you confirm now that that shortcode text is gone and cost, duration inputs are shown up ?

If it is still not showing up then, Is there any chance you are using some kind of server side caching ? If so then could you disable it for some time, beacause fix which I've given you is working very well on my side, and I made doubly sure that fix is already applied on your end, so if there is some caching enabled on your end then it may not render page proplery.

If there is not server side caching enable, could you be able to disable all other cahing plugin you installed on your site for some time ?

Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.