When you go into the ABOUT info in the google maps plugin,

When you go into the ABOUT info in the google maps plugin, it says this about the plugin:

Version: 1.81
Author: Pierre Sudarovich
Last Updated: 4 years ago

the info on the actual plugin list says it's version 2.9 though..so I suspect that's just because the plug in is based on an older thing?

I'm having some issues with shortcodes not doing what I would think they should, and I'm just starting to wonder if there are issues with the maps plug in...and at the very least wanted to point out the discrepancy in the info in the ABOUT because that was surprising to me.

As for a specific issue I am having...I am trying to get a page that shows ALL upcoming events, on a MAP, from the entire network, so fans could zoom in on events local to them no matter what. The page is at:

http://events.indyfestusa.com/go-local/

it is only showing one marker, the test event that was posted at that site. there are more event posts, and they are called propperly on the event site's homepage from the widget, so I know the post indexer is doing it's job properly.

The code I am trying, after much reading, to make the map with is:

[eab_events_map post_type="incsub_event" network="true" lookahead="yes" weeks="52"]

I believe what I am looking to do is fully possible. I am just wondering if it's the map plugin being used that is the issue...as there seems to be newer ones available. I don't really want to break from using almost ALL WPMU code in my network set up so that I limit my opening up to conflict of code.

• AIPman1

weirdest damn thing. an hour after writing this post...the map that had been displaying on that page, stopped displaying altogether. It has been there for days. I tried re-doing the short code, taking out all arguments, etc...it's not displaying at all anymore. It's supposed to be there above where it says hmmmmm. Anyway, I am looking at alternative ways to get the map I still think is fully possible, but hopefully, the event shortcode can be figured out. I'll let you know here if the map comes back. I've been looking at it but didn't think I changed anything that would make the shortcode stop working!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @AIPman1, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

When you go into the ABOUT info in the google maps plugin, it says this about the plugin:

Version: 1.81
    Author: Pierre Sudarovich
    Last Updated: 4 years ago

the info on the actual plugin list says it's version 2.9 though..so I suspect that's just because the plug in is based on an older thing?

Actually, that's because there's a plugin with the same name on WordPress.org, and that information is being pulled when you look in that section. It's still our plugin you're using, so as long as you keep our Dashboard plugin enabled, you'll be fine. :slight_smile:

As for the issues with the map not displaying presently, did you enable any add-ons inside of either our Google Maps plugin or Events+ in the process of your testing?

Please advise,
    Michael

• AIPman1

I should have kept better notes as I fiddled...but I'll deactivate things and start again with all of the map stuff and see what happens. I didn't think turning on something within the same plug in would make the plug in not work...but I'll test that. I know it's not theme-specific as I tested a number of themes.

is the a way for your company to CLAIM that info link from the previous plug-in of the same name, cause it would be good for you to do that. report in a few assuming my wife doesnt come home and make me stop working, lol.

• AIPman1

tried this morning to re-install events+ and Google maps on this site, they are the only 2 things activated on this site outside of the network activated stuff on all sites.

so i went to a test site i have set up with the same theme and tried the code there, and it shows up fine on that site, at least right now. I won't change anything there so you can see how it's showing at: http://test2.indyfestusa.com/page-a/

It is showing just the test event that was posted previously at that site, not any of the others. So, it has the original problem before it disappeared from the events site. I'm going to try to see what is different in the 2 sites settings, cause theoretically they should be just about exactly the same, only a little more stuff was configured on the theme on the events site, over the test site.

• AIPman1

I'd like to re-focus this thread so that it can deal with an actual issue. Let's ignore all the stuff about the map not showing up at the events site. there seems to be more than one problem with that site and I am likely going to delete it and start it from scratch to side-step those problems. The test site I set up with the same theme has none of the problems so that seems a simpler solution than trying to fight to fix a few bugs on one site in a network. Anyway, let's focus on this if someone can help me with it I'll be very happy...

http://test2.indyfestusa.com/page-a/ had a map that I would like to show ALL upcoming events from the entire network on. it's on there using this code:

[eab_events_map post_type="incsub_event" network="true" lookahead="yes" weeks="52"]

I am pretty sure it's working just fine but only reading events from that site, not the whole network. What am I doing wrong, and how can I get all the events from all the sites of the network, to pull in to that map?

• AIPman1

That's cool. I did as you suggested and made a feature request separate from this thread. Another thing I did was scrap the original events.indyfestusa.com site, by adding an X to the events in the settings, then creating a NEW events.indyfest site, and just copying over most of the layout and post things I wanted to make sure were there. Then I deleted the xevents spot, which had more than 1 issue with maps not showing and some double showing and such. I had been unable to duplicate any of the problems with that site, and they have not returned now that I have it re-set. so that's a tidbit of advice someone might find useful if they are having one site in a network that's not behaving...

Anyway, I have not had time yet to play with map queries as I was doing that re-building. If I have any success with it later today I'll post about it. the page I linked above does now have a map on it using the code I posted (minus the network="true" since it's not available yet). I'll probably make a new page to test on, and just leave that one as-is with the "Under development" note on it so visitors know what we're planning and think we're cool, lol.

• Michael Bissett

Hi @AIPman1,

Although, they said above the network="true" is not supported yet by the plugin - maybe it's been added now?

The shortcode that doesn't have the network="true" argument would be the [eab_events_map] shortcode, the [map] shortcode however, does support that particular argument. :slight_smile:

Let us know how your testing goes please, and if we can be of further assistance here.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.