Where are the FREE plugins?

Hi, I've been hunting around the site for a while now and wonder if I've gone blind or senile. Where are all the free plugins?

Many thanks

Ralf

• Mason

Hiya Ralf,

Good news is you are neither blind nor senile! ;D

We removed the free repository a few months back - right before the 3.0 release of WordPress. There were two reasons for this:
    1. Most of the plugins were going to need to be updated in order to work with the latest version (and many plugins were not being regularly updated)
    2. The point of the directory was to have a place for plugins that wouldn't be listed in the regular WordPress.org repository. At that time, WPMU was separate from WordPress, so you wouldn't see those plugins there. Now that the two projects have merged, they are available on the regular WordPress repository, which is ultimately easier keeping all free plugins in one location.

I do see we still have a link in our navigation to "free plugins". We have a bit of a refresh to our site here coming up and that's probably been neglected as the designer has been focused on the new stuff.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for posting!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.