Where are the fundraising video and manual?

Hi,
I paid for premium membership recently and am wondering where the following items are:
a)The fundraising plugin video
b)The fundraising plugin manual
Plus two help questions:
1.How do I find the id of a fundraiser?
2.I can't work out how posts and fundraisers are related - can I add a fundraising request to a post using the short codes somehow?
Thanks!

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello cowontherun,

Thanks for being a member and Welcome to the Community!

a) We do not have a Fundraising video at the moment, but we have someone working on the videos.

b) The instructions are here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/fundraising/ and https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/fundraising/#usage

1.How do I find the id of a fundraiser?

Go to the list of Fundraisers (/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=funder) and hover over a Fundraiser. The ID is in the link. For eg:

This is a link that you see when you hover over the Fundraiser: http://127.0.0.1:4001/wordpress/wp-admin/post.php?post=446&action=edit

446 is the ID here. Hope that makes sense.

2.I can't work out how posts and fundraisers are related - can I add a fundraising request to a post using the short codes somehow?

Fundraisers can stand on itself as a Frundraiser or you can insert them in posts using the Insert button.

See the screenshot attached. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck!

• cowontherun
    • Flash Drive

Hi, still a bit unresolved I'm afraid...

a) There is no hover action over a list of fundraisers to get the post id. If I hover over it, it just says Edit this Post. Is that a bug? It would be handy to hover instead of going into the post to get the id from the address bar.

b)Clicking the shortcode button above a normal post gives me an awesome shortcode form, however, clicking Insert Shortcode results in NO shortcode being added.

I'm on a WAMP test environment if that makes a difference.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello cowontherun,

For a) See the screenshot attached. You can just click open any post and it will be in your address bar.

b) Did you insert the shortcode in the HTML View? I tried it in the HTML view and got exactly like you, nothing comes up. But it works perfectly in the Visual View.

Please let me know about b, it could be a bug. I am also on a local install

Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

• jldtudor
    • New Recruit

Hello cowontherun,

You can find the id of any fundraiser when you click on "Preview Changes" while you're editing your fundraiser, or any post or page for that matter. You'll see the post ID in the URL after preview=true&preview_id={somenumber}, where {somenumber} is your post ID. Or, you could do what I did. I installed the ShowID for Post/Page/Category/Tag/Comment plugin. It will show in the posts listing the ID for any post, page, category, tag or comment, as well as Fundraisers (screenshot below).

As for the Manuals and Videos, that is a good question, as I am new user of this plugin and am in need of them myself!

Thanks for asking!

Jose

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.