Where are the passwords saved for those who login when they use the classified plugin?

I have installed the classified plugin and the events plugin. In each of these plugins they are set up to where the user needs to login to use them. Two questions here:
1) Where are the passwords stored for the administrator to delete or find when necessary?

2) When a person goes to classifieds to login and/or events it appears the login requirement is met for both pages. But logging out seem cumbersome. What is your suggestion for accomplishing a good user friendly solution for logging in and logging out. I did use profile-builder for a log-in page/register at the event page and classified generates in own, but the two are not really smoothly seamed together it appears and the logout seems really clumsy. Suggestions are most appreciated.

Thank you
Doug

• Ash

Hello @Huckleberry Press

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

The password is stored in wp_users table, wp_ can be different in your case based on your table prefix.

Please note that, you can't see the human readable password in the database. The password is encrypted before being stored in the database. But yes, you can delete them from database.

In these plugin if you want to change the login system, definitely you need to edit the plugin core files and that is not recommended at all. As when you will update the plugin all changes will be lost again.

Rather, how's about changing the look and feel using css? Or you want to add any new functionality in there?

Cheers
    Ash

• Huckleberry Press

Hi Ash!

Thank you for your quick reply!!

It appears you helped me greatly with the question 1 in my above post. Now question 2 leaves me with some further questions.

You suggested changing the look and feel using css.

Then I could use this in the child theme to prevent losing it in updates?

How could I accomplish the login/logout for the 2 plugins (classifieds and events) in the css?

Thank you
    Doug

• Ash

Hi there

I am just notified that you have created another thread that you are not getting answer.

Please you need to realize that this is a forum and we process all the questions in a queue. We have thousands of member and it is not possible to go with 1-to-1 with everyone. If you need any real urgent support you can try our live support here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

We really appreciate your patience in the forum please.

Now back to the main point :slight_smile:

You suggested changing the look and feel using css.

Then I could use this in the child theme to prevent losing it in updates?

How could I accomplish the login/logout for the 2 plugins (classifieds and events) in the css?

Yes, you can use child theme, in fact using child theme is highly recommended. So, that it won't be lost in theme or plugin updates.

About the login/logout you mention, do you want to change look and feel or any functionality? Please note that, using css you can only change the look and feel, not the functionality. If you just want to change the design please share me links of those pages, I will try to help you with css.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.