Where are the Templates for Posts and Pages? "Browse Layouts"?

If I'm understanding the paradigm correctly there is a template used for new posts and pages. Is that correct? If so, how do I find/edit the template used?

I thought I might have figured it out with this bit from Part 6 of the tutorial series:

It’s also possible to adjust the layout of your content on other pages besides your homepage.

The Browse Layouts dropdown box in the sidebar lists other pages on your site you can update. Just select the page you want to work with and make the updates you want.

But I cannot find a "Browse Layouts" dropdown box in the sidebar. ???

• Luís

Hi @ProSapien,

Hope you're doing well today!

If I'm understanding the paradigm correctly there is a template used for new posts and pages. Is that correct? If so, how do I find/edit the template used?

Unfortunately, at this moment you can't edit the page templates. When you create a new page, in the "Page template" dropdown, you can choose what template will be used for that page.

However, we do have a theme builder in the works that will allow you to create your own child themes including page templates :slight_smile:

For posts, you can make your modifications and use it for all posts. After save, Upfront asks if you want to save the layout just for that post or if you want to apply for all posts (see image change-post-layout).

But I cannot find a "Browse Layouts" dropdown box in the sidebar. ???

The Browse Layouts option served a different purpose (e.g. editing 404 pages), but I should note that it was removed from Upfront a while ago. Our writers are presently working on an updated tutorial series for Upfront, as we recently released the 1.0 series of Upfront.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.