Where can I add widgets for the Q&A page

I create a page for mysite.com/questions and mysite.com/questions/ask. Im using the product theme. There are two widget areas in these pages, but when i go to the widget section, I dont see where I can add widgets for these pages. Any Idea what I need to do?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya dyrect,

Are you using BuddyPress on this install? If so, the widgets are the member-left sidebar and member-middle sidebar widget areas.

I'm gonna have to ask the theme designer and plugin developer to look at compatibility here as well to see if there's anything we can do to improve the experience.

Thanks

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Have you made a template for your questions? If so have you made sure you've got the following in your file:

<?php get_sidebar('page'); ?>

This will output 3 widget areas at the footer of the page. There is only full width designs with Product. I see QA seems to want to use a 2 column design so you may have to work around this using custom CSS. However, if you've added the widget call in I'm puzzled why you can't see the widgets as in my attached screenshot.

A link to your site would probably help us clear up some confusion if that is possible.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.