Where can I change the layout of the directory form?

Firstly, your unique support system is outstanding and I'm very grateful for your detailed and speedy responses.

I had hoped to use gravity forms to create the directory form, but even with the GForms Add Custom Post plugin, for some reason it's not picking up the custom fields from listings - I've no idea why...

As a result, it seems I am going to have to style and customise the form from directory, which I was avoiding due to limited coding knowledge.

Please can you tell me where I can edit the layout of the form on the front end that users see, as I'm trying to prevent them from visiting the backend.

I am looking to change the order of custom fields and customise the text to make it easier for users to understand what to enter where.

Thanks for your kind support.

Adam.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Adam,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

if you open up Directory, you'll see a folder called "ui-front" open that up, then you'll see "General" open that, next you should see a file called page-update-listing.php

Copy that to your themes root folder which is /wp-content/themes/theme-name.

Then you can modify the template as needed from there, the template is made up of PHP an HTML, of course if you need any help with this, we're here to help. Please don't hesitate to ask! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.