Where can I find the themes included with my MarketPress Pro plugin?

Make your product listings look amazing?

MarketPress is 100% customizable, but in case you don’t want to get stuck into all that CSS, it comes with:

Amazing themes (that you can customize without knowing a single line of code).
Beautiful preset CSS styles.
Powerful, yet elegant, widgets.
Hot product thumbnails/images with lightbox zooming

I was under the impression that the plugin came with themes. However, I do not see any themes for me to choose from. Please tell me where I can find them.

Thanks!

• glamgirl
    • Flash Drive

NEVERMIND. I came across an old discussion post where someone had the same question as me and was told there are no themes for MarketPress Pro. There is a theme included in the free version. So why not in the Pro?

The statement you have listed under the features section for the Pro version is VERY MISLEADING (in fact it is a lie). Please consider removing it.

• glamgirl
    • Flash Drive

"Amazing Themes Support" is more like it!

Question: Can I use any theme with MarketPress? Are there any themes (free) you recommend?

Another question: I am running a Multisite Network. How do I give theme options and appearance options to my users? I want to offer two different styles of basic themes with customizable background and header. How can this be done?

Thanks @Arun.

• ebreuers
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey @glamgirl,

I figured I'd chime in to help out with my experiences with the Marketpress Pro Plugin.

Question: Can I use any theme with MarketPress? Are there any themes (free) you recommend?

Most themes I've tried work well with Marketpress. The WPMUdev themes all seem to work well, I'm currently using Dynamix (from Themeforest (NorthVantage)). I've also used it with the default TwentyTen/Eleven themes.

Another question: I am running a Multisite Network. How do I give theme options and appearance options to my users? I want to offer two different styles of basic themes with customizable background and header. How can this be done?

I've set this up by 'network activating' whichever themes I'd like to be available. They should be able to control the appearance of these themes through their dashboard according to my experiences. Perhaps @Arun can correct me if there is a more efficient way of doing this :slight_smile:

Best of luck @glamgirl

Regards,
    Eric

• glamgirl
    • Flash Drive

Hi @Eric,

Thanks for chiming in! I think I'm going to go with the twenty-eleven theme and another theme I found on the s5themes website.

Also, I set up a test user account and the only back-end options I had where 'Dashboard' and 'User Profile'. There is no 'Theme' option available. Is there something in the network settings I can change to give them this option?

• ebreuers
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Is your test user set up as an 'administrator' for the sub-site you are testing? It sounds like the user account may have been set up under the 'Subscriber' role.

You should be the 'Super Admin' of your network and any owners of sub-sites should be 'administrators' of their sites.

• glamgirl
    • Flash Drive

Ahhhhh, the test user was indeed set up under the 'Subscriber' role. I should have created a 'site' instead of a 'user' as site creators have the 'admin' role. I am able to see all the necessary options now.

Thanks @Eric and best of luck to you as well!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.