Where can I go to learn more about how to use individual plugins

Hi there

I am making a multisite, but would like to dig into how all the plugins work. Is there somewhere where I can learn to use all the various plugins?

thanks in advance
Linda

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Linda,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As for WPMU DEV plugins. On this page you'll find a list of all our plugins:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/plugins/

From there you can go to plugin's description pages that will give you an overall idea of what particular plugin can help you with and what it's capable of. While reviewing plugin description, please pay attention to the icon indicating whether the plugin is compatible with Multisite or not.

For example, this plugin is not marked as compatible with Multisite

while this one is compatible with Multisite

On each plugin page there's also a "Usage" tab that you may switch to to get to know more about how to use that specific plugin:

As for other (3rd-party) plugins. You will find thousands of them in WordPress.org plugin repository here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/

There's however no any "all in one" guide, like a "plugin encyclopedia", that would list and describe all the WordPress plugins at once. The common scenario of selecting the plugin is usually to first identify "the need" and confirm that it cannot be achieved with native WP features and then check plugin repositories (like WPMU DEV and/or wordpress.org) searching for a plugin that would possible help. Sometimes it takes a few trials though to find the one that works best.

It's also very helpful to keep track of blogs such as for example our own blog here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/

and other WordPress sites.

If you need any particular feature and see that your WordPress doesn't seem to handle it "out of the box", please also feel free to ask us any time for help. We'll be happy to suggest a plugin even if it would be not ours but third party one :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Linda!

how to set up the wpmu dev plugins correctly...e.g. which settings to use etc? Some of these plugins have A LOT of features

That's true, some of them are quite simple but some are very complex. It's difficult though to give any "general" guidance in that case. First, you will want to check plugin's description pages along with usage guides (see my previous post for explanation on this).

Then, if you have more questions on any particular plugin (like for example Pro Sites or New Blog Templates or any other of our plugins) - please ask specifically about that plugin and a specific issue that you are struggling with.

As for general information. I suppose you are just starting with you Multisite setup an I believe you had some scenario/business model in mind that you wish to achieve. I recon it may be easier to communicate if you could just describe your goal (and hopefully also share some example user case scenario(s) ) and hopefully we'll be then able to give you more specific tips/suggestions/guidance. What do you think?

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.