Where do I add content to the elaborated pledge page?

Maybe I'm just tired but how can I add content to the elaborated pledge page? So when they click Support This from the panel and it takes them to /projectname/pledge. And they input the pledge amount. I want to add content below that.

I need to add instructions for them to click the button to return to the site so that the pledge will show up in the system, as well as add instruction to add their country to the special instructions box in paypal.

In the backend the tooltip for the elaborated pledge page is that you can show more detailed info on that page but where exactly do you add it?

• Kimberly

gunn4r,

Nice catch on this one!

Actually this page was built to be used for future expansion of the plugin and is not "actively" available for use right now. We are supposed to be trying to find a way to hide the info to avoid confusion :slight_smile:

I will let the developer know that this is still showing and ask if we can better adjust the wording or remove it so that we don't imply a function/capability that is not there :slight_smile:

I'm so sorry for the confusion!

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly

Cole: Members still seeing the Advanced Info page tooltip. Also, wondering if we should address the return to site

I need to add instructions for them to click the button to return to the site so that the pledge will show up in the system

I remember seeing someone ask about this a while back, cannot remember if we've addressed in update since then. Please advise sir :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kimberly

• Cole

Hey gunn4r,

You could go about this in 2 different ways. You could put the information you want into a custom theme template using the file name of wdf_checkout.php.

Here is the template hierarchy

wdf_checkout-{SLUG}.php
    wdf_checkout-{POST-ID}.php
    wdf_checkout.php

You can also hook into the "the_content" filter after priority 99. Here is an example.

// Must be 100 or higher priority
    add_filter('the_content', 'add_my_new_content', 100);

function add_my_new_content($content) {
    	$new_content = 'You can put new content before or after the pre-existing content';

// This would put your content after the checkoutpage content
    	$content .= $new_content;

//make sure you return your $content
    	return $content;
    }

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the code above is prob not the best option. There are additional checks you need to make to see if your on the correct post or page to be filtering the content. I would recommend the template method instead, but wanted to at least tell you all the options available.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.