Where do I get "Application ID" for Fundraising | Settings | Advanced Payment Options | Pa

"Fundraising | Settings | Advanced Payment Options | Paypal API Credentials" asks for "Application ID" which I cannot find searching through Paypal. Also the dashboard link in the plugin settings is broken "Register then submit your application" <https://appreview.x.com/create-appvetting-app!input.jspa>

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello drron!

I am currently working on a usage Doc for the fundraiser and am including step by step instructions on how to do this :slight_smile:

You will need to get your application ID from x.com

Here is a summary:

You have to submit your application, giving some basic details of your site, just so that PayPal knows you're not a scam site and legitimately processing delayed payments.

So, it's easier than you think. Just visit this link https://www.x.com/developers/paypal

Then click Sign Up in the upper right corner.

You will be asked to register with your ebay or PayPal account information. This is the only way you can register, there is no separate password/username for this site.

Once you are registered and logged in you will need to Navigate to “My Account” in the upper right corner. Then click “New App” in the left menu that comes up.

Fill out your App, I'll attach a cheat sheet :slight_smile:

Once that's done, it's a waiting game. It usually takes about a week, but may take up to 10 days if there are no issues.

You may get an email saying more information is needed. If so, just visit your account page and click on “Status Messages” and reply accordingly.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Kimberly

• drron
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks, your explanation was extremely helpful. Now all I have to do is get Paypal (x.com) to respond. I submitted the application on July 13th. Then I received one set of questions, which I answered on July 23rd. I have not heard a word back from them, not even an acknowledgement that they received my answers to their questions.

Would you happen to know how to contact them? I cannot seem to find contact info.

I'd really love to see this plugin work with a provider other than Paypal, e.g. Wepay claims to have an API for crowdfunding: https://www.wepay.com/payments-api

Maybe we could crowdfund the development of getting this plugin to work with WePay :wink:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings drron,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• drron
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks, I did finally get approval from Paypal. It was a really arduous process. As I start to actually use the plugin, I will post more details about my experience, It would be great to see a list of links to sites that are using it.

One thing I am curious about is possible plans for other payment gateways besides Paypal.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.