where do I go to make somebody a super administrator

I can't remember where I need to go to make someone a super administrator – can someone tell me

• timstrifler
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Go to your network admin dashboard, then select users from the admin panel menu. From there click on the user that you desire to give super admin privileges to. From there you can tick the box that says, "Grant this user super admin privileges for the Network."

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JOE KARL,

Thank you for the great question in which timstrifler has indeed given a spot on answer.

In the network admin editing the user there is a place that you simply put a check mark and save changes.

That should do the job for you and thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• JOE KARL
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I ran into another roadblock – I can't find the network admin dashboard. It seems somehow I have become just a regular administrator – someone else set this up for me and I can't get a hold of him. So how do I get super admin privileges. If I can even get to the network admin dashboard?

• JOE KARL
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have another problem – whenever anybody posted a story on our website. I would get notified via email – that stop.
    ?
    Also on this site I clicked the box to notify me via email if there is a response to my question – I never got notice of that either.

What's going on? And how do I get notifications again?

• timstrifler
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Oh that's not good! Well once you get a hold of him have him go through the same steps given above. That's the only solution I can think of. As far as I know the only way to become Super Admin is through a Super Admin. Perhaps @aecnu has another solution.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JOE KARL and timstrifler,

Thank you for the ping back to this ticket and the only way to crack this now is to go into the database and change the Super Admin credentials directly in the database or do a re-install.

Going into the database can be quite complex for the person that is new to them and not for the faint of heart.

Now on the other hand, we do not even know that this isn't a Solo WordPress install?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hiya, we haven't heard from you in a while so I just wanted to check in and see how things are going here?

If you still need some assistance then by all means just reopen the thread or create another one for any new and related issues.

Cheers.
    Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.