Where do I start in Creating a Site for people to upload their Videos and the Public can buy the Vid

Had a Friend Come up to me and Ask I would Like to create a Site that users Register can upload their videos on to my site and be able to sell them.
The first thing that came to mind is Worppress and Marketpress. I have used marketpress before and was wondering has it improved in the last 10 months?
Also does Marketpress Have ccbill payment options or Can it be added? has anyone added it?
Yes this will be an Adult Website and ccBill allows Adults site unlike Paypal.
If you can think of other plugins/ themes that can get the same results. Or even a Full blown Plug in from here or outside of wpmuDEV that would be great. it doesnt have to be that the sellers have a site One site with sellers selling on it would be great.

The main features that we need is
1. Payment to the Site owner to Use the Site on first signup and as an option to turn on or Off at Site owners Will. Probably will be off at first
2. Split Payments for Website owner and Seller to go to ccBill
3. Easy interface for Models to upload their Videos. bear in mind they never used wordpress so Front side image upload and Description Would be best.

If there is any other features we need I will post them.

• Erik
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Well that would require a bit of planning but I'd roughly say you're looking at 5 parts.

1)blog provisioning via pro site pay to blog,

2)new blog templates auto generating your subblogs setup

3)membership plugin configured via step 2 with affiliate system

3 Alternate) configure pay per view via step 2

4)registering custom post type of videos + known video site url meta box embeds on videos types edit pages.

5)content filtering to append/prepend the videos embeds to the content to use global membership protection settings

the idea of an option of either affiliate system or pay to blog for blog owners is an interesting concept, the choice is nice, but this would require a 6th step of configuring membership to two levels, and a bunch of custom coding.

-E

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

No Need to mention them I Have a VPS Else where
    Sounds good But looking for more of a Plug and play easier solution to cut down on problems this way support can be a little easier. But what he said sound very good I will keep in in the memory bank :>
    Thanks Erik
    I think Market press would be the way to go the only thing stopping it woul;d be the Gateway Has to be ccBILL and only CCBILL.
    Thanks Joe, Erik

anyone using ccbill with marketpress?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings DirectoryDude,

Following up on this thread, I think it would be in your interest to create a new thread with the title anyone using ccbill with marketpress? so that we can get some input here and hopefully someone will see it that has an answer for you :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.