Where do I update the registration form instructions?

I'm using Membership with BuddyPress, and would like to make the registration form a little more friendly, e.g. add guidance on what constitutes a valid username., and general advice as per the normal Membership registration

The registration form can be found here
http://ibsregister.com/register/?action=registeruser&subscription=1

Could you please tell me where I can find this and what the correct procedure is for updating it.

I have found what looks like the relevant code in plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/registration/register.php

but changes made to this file are not reflected in the registration page.

Kind Regards
Johanna

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Johanna,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

Currently the only way to edit the registration page would be to edit the core code (this file can't be moved to your theme).

You can find the code here membership >> classes >> Membership >> Render >> Page >> Registration >> Standard.php

Alternatively if you just want to add some text to the top of the page you can do that via your wp-admin > pages > register > edit, ignore that it's empty, type your text and update. That will then display above the form.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Johanna
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Jack,

Thanks. I have found it now.

There appears to be some discrepancies between the Membership & Buddypress versions of the form output by standard.php. The Buddypress version lacks the helpful hints and friendliness of the of the Membership version....

Perhaps we could have this added as an enhancement to the code?

Perhaps we could also add a helpful hint for users on what constitutes a valid username, as all they are told at the moment is that it is invalid?

I have added it to my standard.php file for now, will just have to watch out for updates to the plugin

Kind Regards
    Johanna

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.