Where exactly do I need to 'Adjust the timeout' ….

Need to adjust timeout but I’m not sure where to include the suggest code. My child theme does includes only a css file while the theme folder has a large function.php file.

Can I add

function wpmudev_increase_timeout ($timeout) {

return 180; // the timeout’s measured in seconds, so 180 = 3 minutes

}

anywhere or do I have to place it at the beginning or should I include it at the end of that file?

Please advice.

Thank you.

Steven

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Steven Zimmerman,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Since you did mention using child theme, you can either create a functions.php file in your child theme, and then paste the code in it. Or you could make use of a mu-plugins.

To create a mu-plugins, paste the code in a php file, and add the file under /wp-content/mu-plugins, this should make the code work, please check this link for more info: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

add_filter ('WP_SMUSH_API_TIMEOUT', 'wpmudev_increase_timeout');

function wpmudev_increase_timeout ($timeout) {
    return 180; // the timeout’s measured in seconds, so 180 = 3 minutes
    }

If you still have any issue, please do let us know, so that we could help get this sorted.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Steven Zimmerman
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thank you for this support.

Steven

NS: Hello Nithin,

have been informed by my colleague that you have logged in to the site six times but have not done any testing regards that registration and you have not updated him about the status of what you are you doing or what you have accomplished.

Also the issue has not been fixed. Are you thriving for a resolution to this problem?

Please advice what I can tell Brandon to this issue.

Thank you.

Steven

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Steven

The code Nithin suggested in his reply above, needs to be posted by you. You need to add this code in mu-plugins or functions.php. From wp-admin, this is not possible to edit mu-plugins file.

I am not sure what Nithin did logging in 6 times in your site, I am sending a message to him, so he will reply you asap.

Have a good day!

Cheers

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.