Where is menu maintenance with Upfront theme?

New WPMU user - not a WordPress stud either. I'm having a tough time with menus in Parrot/Upfront.

Add a new menu and it prompts with a list. Note first image (stitched together).
1) Where is this list coming from? Or more generally: Where is Menu Maintenance with the Upfront theme? Are we looking at it?

2) "parrot-main-nav" -1 and -2 are styles, that's not a menu.
3) I added a couple tests. How can I delete them?

With the parrot-main-nav added, note second image. I switched from the Default style (which has the dim text) to parrot-main-nav-1 (not shown).

4) For the Default style, the actual name shown in the style maintenance is _default. How are these names constructed/related?

Note the "x" in these images. I have no idea where that's coming from but when I modify the UL>LI style for the menu it affects that element.

5) How can I find the source of the "x"? Note from the fourth image where I'm trying to create a new menu that it's already in there.

7) What are the obvious artifacts below each menu item? This unsightly blob appears in all orientations and locations, on existing and new menus. That might be there because none of those menu items are linked to a page - note at the bottom of the last image, cut off: "Not Linked (Link)".

8) Regarding the Link and Name fields for the new menu item in the last image, anything I type in the Link field causes the Name field to clear. Perhap I'm not understanding what that is? I thought it would be something like a Link "index.php" with a name "Home"?

The issues here could be my own fault. I wanted to uninstall Parrot and start over. When I reinstalled the original customizations I had made were still there. So under Settings > Multisite Theme Manager (bottom image) I have tried to clear/reset the data a few times but it doesn't clear.

I've tried running the JavaScript function Upfront.Utils.reset_all(); from different pages with no success. That function is mentioned here as a "console command". Where is that intended to be executed? Chrome? I'm using Firefox.

I would be very happy to completely blow away everything related to the Upfront/Parrot themes and start all over with the styling and pages.

9) How can we do that?

10) Thanks! :slight_smile:

• Sajid

Hi @Tony,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

1) Where is this list coming from? Or more generally: Where is Menu Maintenance with the Upfront theme? Are we looking at it?

These are regular WordPress menus that can be managed from Appearance > Menus.

Yes, they are not menus, it appears to be styles.

I am afraid you can not delete them at the moment. However you can comment the styles with /**/.

The other questions seems to be related with configuration. Please always start separate thread for each question to get faster responses and according to our forum posting rules. Its helps us manage each issue in its own dedicated ticket, also helps other member find an answer quickly and easily looking for same answer in future.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Tony G

Thanks Sajid.

These are regular WordPress menus that can be managed from Appearance > Menus.

Ugh! That's where it usually is and it's there now, but for the entire day yesterday I was in that area and, either it wasn't there, or somehow I missed it over and over. No, I'm not confusing the network admin with the primary site admin. This happened with some other features the other day and I see a couple other menu items there now which weren't there yesterday. Except for the browser, all caching is off for development. I'll be more vigilant about this.

Yes, they are not menus, it appears to be styles.

On opening the menu admin, now that I see it, 'parrot-main-nav' is indeed there as a menu. This could be related to my question #4 where I ask how the menu name and the style are related. It looks like Parrot includes a menu where the author gave it the same name as the style which is applied to it.

I am afraid you can not delete them at the moment. However you can comment the styles with /**/.

From the now-visible menu maintenance the test items can be deleted. I went into the Upfront editmode and the menu items are gone.

Regarding my questions about the styling artifacts, they're all gone now. It looks like a full system reboot cleared this issue, and probably the missing admin menu items, where a simple browser restart did not. I've seen this with other browser development, though rare. (Currently running Firefox v43.0.3 and there is a .4 update available now.)

My question about clearing theme data was posted here.

• Sajid

Hi @Tony,

That's strange we have not reported such error before. Please keep an eye on it and let us know if it happens again, would appreciate that.

Yes, that seems the theme author have similar names for navigation menu and its styles. To understand what style goes to what what menus.

I thought you are talking about deleting the styles, sorry for confusion. Yes, you can delete menus and individual menu items.

Thanks for creating a separate thread, I can see Ash is on it posted his reply there.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Tony G

I'm not sure of how things work here yet... I presented an issue, granted trivial. It was confirmed. Now... how can we translate that into something positive and get a fix? I'll be happy to flag this thread as Resolved but as long as we identified a code issue I don't want to just close the thread and leave it to be forgotten.

Do reported issues get translated into a ticket number or something for tracking and resolution confirmation?

And where would the best place for a WPMUDEV enquiry like this be?

Thanks.

• Nastia

Hello @Tony, I trust you are well today!

Do reported issues get translated into a ticket number or something for tracking and resolution confirmation?

Thank you for your question!

We track all of our tickets, we do not leave unanswered tickets, and most important of all - we do solve WPMU DEV related issues.
    As for the ticket number, you may say it's the URL of the ticket you have created:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/where-is-menu-maintenance-with-upfront-theme

I see that @Sajid has answered to all your questions. Do you have any other issues and require our assistance?

Let us know if you do!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hi @Tony,

Yes, we have bug reports, tracking and management system we use asana for this purpose and our forum have direct integration with it. Each forum thread where a bug is reported is linked with that task in asana. So when the bug is fixed than we post in that thread for confirmation so member can test and mark it resolved.

However, in this particular case, there are no bugs. Yes I agree that styles names and menu names are confusing by that are not bugs. Those can be considered as a feature request though. If you wish I can move it to features and feedback section so our developer consider this for development.

But please bear in mind that by adding a thread in "Features & Feedback" section does not mean it will be added right away. It will depend if enough members are interested in this request or want that improvements then it can be consider for development.

Hope that clear the process of bug reports, tracking and features requests process.

If I missed something, or you have any question please don't hesitate to ask, more than happy to help :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J