New WPMU user - not a WordPress stud either. I'm having a tough time with menus in Parrot/Upfront.
Add a new menu and it prompts with a list. Note first image (stitched together).
1) Where is this list coming from? Or more generally: Where is Menu Maintenance with the Upfront theme? Are we looking at it?
2) "parrot-main-nav" -1 and -2 are styles, that's not a menu.
3) I added a couple tests. How can I delete them?
With the parrot-main-nav added, note second image. I switched from the Default style (which has the dim text) to parrot-main-nav-1 (not shown).
4) For the Default style, the actual name shown in the style maintenance is _default. How are these names constructed/related?
Note the "x" in these images. I have no idea where that's coming from but when I modify the UL>LI style for the menu it affects that element.
5) How can I find the source of the "x"? Note from the fourth image where I'm trying to create a new menu that it's already in there.
7) What are the obvious artifacts below each menu item? This unsightly blob appears in all orientations and locations, on existing and new menus. That might be there because none of those menu items are linked to a page - note at the bottom of the last image, cut off: "Not Linked (Link)".
8) Regarding the Link and Name fields for the new menu item in the last image, anything I type in the Link field causes the Name field to clear. Perhap I'm not understanding what that is? I thought it would be something like a Link "index.php" with a name "Home"?
The issues here could be my own fault. I wanted to uninstall Parrot and start over. When I reinstalled the original customizations I had made were still there. So under Settings > Multisite Theme Manager (bottom image) I have tried to clear/reset the data a few times but it doesn't clear.
I would be very happy to completely blow away everything related to the Upfront/Parrot themes and start all over with the styling and pages.
9) How can we do that?
10) Thanks! :slight_smile: