Where is my second Domain

I installed the Multi-Domains plugin, and successfully activated my second domain, however it does not appear in under "My Sites" in the Master Admin panel. Also, when I type in websiteB.com, it redirects to websiteA.com. When I try to create a new site, it only allows me to create subdomains. I was able to create sub.websiteB.com, which appears in my menu now, but I am still unable to create a unique page for websiteB.com.

How do I rectify this?

Thank you

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Multi domains plugin is used to allow your users to signup for subsites using any domains which you have added to the multidomains plugin.

Eg.

You have a site a.com, if you are not using the multi domains plugin, it will allow the users to create blogs as subsite.a.com ; subsite1.a.com etc.

Now, if you use the multi domains plugin, and add a domain b.com to your network, then the users will have a choice of the domain they want to create the sub site on.

They can create it as subsite.a.com or subsite.b.com

This plugin is not to achieve b.com as a separate site.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Cheers, PC

• kenlyle
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I dont think I understand what you mean. My user is already an admin on all the sub-sites, however, I am trying to get the main domain to appear. How do I get my second domain (siteB.com) to appear in my sites list with its own page? As of right now, I am able to create siteA.com, sub.siteA.com, sub.siteB.com, however plain old siteB.com automatically redirects to siteA.com rather than having its own page. How do I create a page for siteB.com?

Thanks

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Siteb.com is a domain which you have added under multi domains plugin and as you made the dns changes, it will take you to the main sitea.com by default.

Siteb.com is not an actual site, but will act as a choice for the users to choose a extension for their site

so that they will have a choice for creating a sub site as a.sitea.com or a.siteb.com

Cheers, PC

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi Ken,

I hear you when you write:

How do I rectify this?

Unfortunately, the answer to the question is, you can't. WebsiteB.com won't be able to exist on its own because it is part of the MultiDomain system. WebsiteA is the primary domain and WebsiteB is merely donating itself as a base upon which other subsites may be created, just like is done with WebsiteA, but WebsiteB won't be able to stand alone when part of WebsiteA and MultiDomains.

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Paul

Want to change Q&A background color? Ask Patrick!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Ken,

I discussed it with one of our experts, Tim and he suggested the below approach.

You can use Domain mapping plugin to map the second domain to any subsite on your network and that ways, the second domain can have its own site and can also be available as a choice to the users to create a sub site on your network.

Cheers, PC

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi Ken,

Here is what I did to achieve what I think you are looking for.

1. Install Domain Mapping Plugin on Site A
    2. Install MultiDomains plugin according to instructions here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-domains/#usage
    3. Uploaded dm_sunrise.php to wp-content from the MultiDomain plugin folder that I downloaded
    4. Renamed the file I just uploaded from dm_sunrise.php to sunrise.php
    5. Added Site B using MultiDomains
    6. created a subsite called ww3.siteB.com
    7. Went to Tools > Domain Mapping of Site B
    8. Entered the mapped domain SiteB.com
    9. Site B and Site A now both look to be Top Level Domains</

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Paul

Don't like native styling of Comments Plus? No prob: http://marker.to/YQ7EuI

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.