Where is the actual sign up page?

Hello,

How do you actually get prosites to work?

That is, how do you actually get to the sign up page?

I've taken a look at the edublogs.org site and the sign up process (which I believe you have highly customized)

and I'm wondering how to even get to the sign up page (as a normal user)

Where do I find the links to the different subscription levels?

How can I get the sign up form to display on a page?

Is there a short code?

Do I simply go to my domain which is simplpress.com/wp-signup.php ?

(If you go there it will not work)

Some further explanation in the plugin documentation would be most appreciated)

Thanks,

Matt

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Matt.

I've taken a look at the edublogs.org site and the sign up process (which I believe you have highly customized)

Mainly CSS there.

Do I simply go to my domain which is simplpress.com/wp-signup.php ?
    (If you go there it will not work)

That is correct, the whole signup process and blog creation is handled by WordPress. Pro Sites handles the upgrade after the site is created. They can do that from their admin area to be directed to the right page.

Your signup pages shows as "Registration has been disabled."

Screens attached.

Thanks.

• Matt F

Timothy,

To me this is a very confusion process.

That is to say. that the blog is created first and then the user has to go through a second process of having to upgrade no matter what level they originally signed up for.

Is there a way to modify the plugin so that if they choose a pro site level, fill in their information, go to pay pal, pay for the site and then be redirected back to their newly created site?

It seems to me, from my viewpoint that this plugin is very confusing and is not entirely ready out of the box. For instance, I do not want to offer three different payment optoins, that is that I don't want to offer a 3 month and 12 month payment plan yet I am not given the choice to exclude these.

I have attached a screen shot of my site as well as a screen shot from edublogs.org (sorry I had to create a site to see what the process was, my apologies and I will get it deleted)

So in closing, is there a way to have a sign up process that is similar to wpengine.com or page.ly using prosites (can the plugin be modified?)

• Timothy Bowers

That is to say. that the blog is created first and then the user has to go through a second process of having to upgrade no matter what level they originally signed up for.

Unfortunately that is just how WordPress works, you signup and get a free blog.

Pro Sites then handles the upgrades after that.

Is there a way to modify the plugin so that if they choose a pro site level, fill in their information, go to pay pal, pay for the site and then be redirected back to their newly created site?

Unfortunately this is not currently possible.

It seems to me, from my viewpoint that this plugin is very confusing and is not entirely ready out of the box. For instance, I do not want to offer three different payment optoins, that is that I don't want to offer a 3 month and 12 month payment plan yet I am not given the choice to exclude these.

Is there a reason you cannot just exclude and turn off the 3 month and 12 month option? Maybe you missed the option:

I've attached a screenshot for you.

Admin --> Network Admin --> Pro Sites --> Levels

I have attached a screen shot of my site as well as a screen shot from edublogs.org (sorry I had to create a site to see what the process was, my apologies and I will get it deleted)

We use the same thing as Edu. They turn off email confirmation:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/remove-email-verification-from-signup

To direct back you can use this signup link:

wp-signup.php?pro-sites=1

You can find your link here:

Admin --> Network Admin --> Pro Sites --> Settings

Screenshot attached.

I hope this helps.

Take care.

• Matt F

Timothy,

Thank you very much for pointing these things out to me.

(I didn't see these options and should have looked more closely)

I have a better understanding of how the plugin works (and while it doesn't work the way that I want it to per se I will make it work)

If I were to turn off the Free option would they go to the signup page and choose which level they wanted, go to pay pal and then return to their newly created blog?

Matt

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Matt.

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

If I were to turn off the Free option would they go to the signup page and choose which level they wanted, go to pay pal and then return to their newly created blog?

Do you refer to the free trial? If so then that really gives them some free time on a Level, so turning it off wouldn't do much.

But you could use the Paid to Blog module:

Admin --> Network Admin --> Pro Sites --> Modules/Gateways

This would let them create the site but it won't let them use it until they pay and would send them to the payment page.

Using the signup link I mentioned in my previous post would direct them to choose a plan after signing up. Which is how Edu Blogs has it. (And they turn off email confirmation as well so no needing to go off to confirm an email).

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while so I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.