Where is the child theme for BlogsMU?

I don't see a child theme for BlogsMU. How do I get to it? I don't see it in the download unless I am missing something. Also is there a more detailed guide to configuring BlogsMU?

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Normally you click the usage tab but for some reason its not working (at least in my browser).

What you do is this;

1. Download it at https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/buddypress-blogsmu-theme/

2 Unpack and upload the main themes folder to /wp-content/themes/

3. Network Admin > Themes > Activate Blogs MU Theme

4. Go back to the website you want to change the theme to and goto Appearances > Themes and it should appear there.

Cheers,
    Billy

• km2830
    • Flash Drive

Once you download and unzip the blogs.mu on your desktop you will see it in the folder. You will have to upload it separately to your wp-content/themes folder.

It is located within the parent theme blogs.mu folder, you will find the child theme there.

So, just like you download the parent blogs.mu then you must find the child theme, within the parent theme folder, on your computer and upload the child blogs.mu to your themes folder. Then you can activate the child theme from your wp admin area.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Stoney2you,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

I must say that if you were not so stoned all the time being a stoney, you would have seen that the child theme is in the themes folder (where else?) ... lol ... No offense I was just having a bit of fun with the name.

In any event, I am happy that you found the location and have resolved the issue.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• Stoney2you
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@aecnu - Just now saw your comment and ROTFLOL! You are so right, except it's my fiance that does that, not me. Must have been "second-hand" smoke!!!

That was my first stab at using a theme with a Child available, and I just did the automatic install. It didn't occur to me to look in all the folders. DUH!!!

Thanks, I am really enjoying WPMU Dev and learning to use WordPress Multisite! My WPMU DEV membership is worth every penny!

Have a great evening!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Stoney2you,

Thank you for being such a good sport and I love it that you share a sense of humor.

It is members like you that make this mission of trying to figure out issues with WordPress installations fun and can laugh WITH us :slight_smile:

I will say this much though, my last vacation in Amsterdam was fun fun - lots of second hand smoke :wink:

On a more serious note, we are certainly happy to have you and thank you for being our member!

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.