Where is the control Post Voting settings panel?

I have successfully installed the plugin. It shows the small hands and it counts the votes, however I would like to change the small green and red little hands for the + ans - symbols set. The I realized that the Post Voting Setting Panel that should be in Settings > Post Voting does not exist for me!

As you cold see in the screen-shot it is not there, however the plugin works

I am using WordPress 3.0.1 multisite

• severus

As usual, upgrading made my site crash :slight_frown: and to use the backups to recover the site is not possible since there is any issue that make it not possible (maybe the 2.77GB size)

With my hosting company I made available the site again, but I can´t reach the network admin. In other words I can´t edit or manage/upload themes or plugins. My multisite has not superadmin since I am like a normal user.
    The site is not able to find and show the images.

Any idea how to solve it?

Upgrading Wordpress should be forbidden!

• DavidM

Hi severus,

The images issue sounds like it may merely have to do with your htaccess. If you haven't already checked that, if you navigate to Network Admin > Tools > Network, you'll see the respective htaccess code you'll need.

But then, if you can't access the Network Admin area that won't help, so let's see about getting that resolved first.

The Super Admin is a role that you definitely should have on your network. Are you sure that your particular account doesn't have the Super Admin role associated with it?

Cheers,
    David

• severus

Hi DavidM

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, my site was working perfectly under the 3.0.1 version. This is the site in which I test new projects for clients. so merely the 27 blogs I have in the multisite are all of then created for me as models to show to my clients.

it means that if now I do not have a superadmin possibility as I had just before "I upgraded" I won´t be able to add new projects to show to new clients.

My hosting mind I should upgrade manually the site. I am on that, I mean reading how to do it :slight_frown:

• severus

Problem solved. I have to say I have the best hosting company of the world. more than 40 messages in both directions on Sunday. At the end they sent me this mail:

Hello Sir,
    I've commented out the redirect (lines 18 - 21) in /wp-admin/network/admin.php and it resolved the issue.

#if ( ( $current_blog->domain != $current_site->domain ) || ( $current_blog->path != $current_site->path ) ) {
    # wp_redirect( network_admin_url() );
    # exit;
    #}
    ?>

Could you please have a check again.

Coming back to the reason of this post. now I could see the post Voting settings Panel.
    Why is not possible to make working the plugins for older versions?

So thanks for the help, I close this topic

• DavidM

Hi severus, good to hear your host was able to help you get that sorted! There's quite a lot of changes occurring with the WordPress core these days and it would require a lot of added effort to keep backward compatibility in mind.

Many, if not most, of the plugins would work with older versions, it's just that we really couldn't keep up with support through all of those versions because of the amount of time that would be required.

Thanks for your input on that though. We do take that into consideration.

Cheers!
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.