Where is the "editor" in my wp-admin nav menu?

I am now unable to find the "editor" link in my wp-admin nav menu (it used to be under "Appearance" but is no longer there). Where do I go to edit the code in my header, etc.

• minglemooch

Hi @ ckhan

That is strange. Here a couple of suggestions:

1 - Odd as it may sound, try using a different web browser. I had an odd occurrence with a Wordpress component in which it couldn't be edited in Chrome but worked in FireFox. Not sure why, but switching browsers did the trick.

2- If all else fails you could FTP the theme files to your local computer and edit them with your favorite text editor. I do that a lot anyway as I find the WordPress editor to be about as crude as Notepad. I use PS Pad, Notepad++ is another popular choice.

3 - This is really dangerous and I don't really recommend it, but you could try temporary changing permissions to 777 and see if that makes a difference. Of course you should reset the permissions after making your edits.

Please let me know how it turns out, if I think of anything else I will be sure to let you know.

Regrads
    JP @minglemooch

P.S Make sure that you DON'T have this line in your wp-config.php :

define('DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT',true);

• Brian Purkiss

What did you do before the editor link disappeared? Did you activate a new theme or plugin? Some themes will disable the editor.

I would actually recommend not using the built in editor. Editing your website via FTP and a text editor or code editor is a much more efficient way of editing your WordPress theme. Text editors have much more features and functionality than the in browser editor.

I hope that helps! If you need any further clarification, or if I did not properly answer your question, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.