Where is the Events Archive page or how do I create one?

My Events+ slug is /events/ (e.g. /events/2012/11/my-event/ )
But going to /events/ is a 404. /events/2012/ and /events/2012/11/ are all 404's too.

Is there an Events+ archive page to show all the events -- and if some of the events are assigned to a specific BuddyPress group, only the events you have access to are displayed?

If one person belongs to 5 groups, it's not reasonable for them to have to visit each BP group's events tab (which is not pretty and just shows a calendar so you have to click "next" or "previous" until you find an even that you know should be there -- not a good way to discover upcoming events).

If not, please add to the wish list.

Thank you.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Clifford,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Clifford P
    • The Bug Hunter

Not resolved.
    At the .biz site, I got a reply from Vladislav: "For the Events+ question, I’m working on updating the shortcodes, adding in some pretty advanced features and adding some new ones. The Group events archive shortcode is one of them (there will also be an event map shortcode, and a couple more)."

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Can you please check the latest plugin release (v1.5, just released)? In this release, the shortcodes exposed by the plugin have been updated significantly, and there's also a help page which lists the implemented shortcodes and their accepted parameters, so you can mix and match them to get your event archives to hopefully work exactly the way you want them to.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Clifford P,

Thank you for your additional input and the 404 function is not one of the plugin but of WordPress and the host itself on how it reacts.

To make those errors a more pleasant message that you desire, the highly regarded 404 Simple Redirect plugin should do the job for us.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.