Where is Upfront page customization data stored?

Where is Upfront page customization data stored?

I'd like to copy / paste it to a new page

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andrew,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Upfront is storing its data in your site's database, therefore it's not possible to just copy and paste settings to another site. There's an unofficial plugin created by one of our developers some time ago that should let you export Upfront settings and then import them to another Upfront instance.

I've attached it to this post so you may want to give it a try. It installs just like any other standard WordPress plugin but please take into account that it's not an official and publicly available tool.

I can say that Export/Import features are planned though and should be added to Upfront with future releases, although I'm not able to give you any ETA on this.

Best regards,
    Adam

• andrew_normore

Thanks a lot, I understand it's not standard. I'll test this on my dev site before production.

It's annoying that I can't duplicate pages properly, and that I have to COMPLETELY rebuild pages. I've been farting around in the database, and man, 1 landing page consumed 215 MB. You REALLY need to have a developer put in a clean revision feature. Standard WP cleaners don't even address this, because the meta type is specific to upfront (was upfront-rvzn or something like this).

That being said, I should be able to apply that database meta object to a new page I create, which should give me the upfront data. It's super annoying to do, but the benefits of UpFront are worth it.

Thanks for your reply.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andrew,

You asked where the Upfront data is stored and it seems that following this path I misunderstood you. I'm sorry for that.

I am however a bit confused now. There's indeed no "copy/clone" function in Upfront yet, although as far as I know it's planned as well and should be added in future. Albeit, you should be able to copy any post/page through your site's back-end. I've used the "WP Duplicate Post" plugin for this successfully.

That said, I assume that the issue here is that if you customize the page layout and then save it "for this page only", this doesn't get copied. Is that right? I'm asking this just to make sure that we're now on the same side with this :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam