Where to connect "Chat" to?

I just installed "Chat" and it went perfectly with one exception. I can not figure out where to connect the Chat plugin too. i.e. a Jabber account.

Example:
A new visitor to the site sends a message via chat and waits for a response from our company, how do we respond?

In the past I demo'd some other companies and the messages from the site would appear in an IM client like iChat or even sent as an SMS. It would also allow several people in our office to receive the messages if we were all logged in, then the first one to respond would cancel out ongoing messages to the others in the office.

Thank you,
Matt

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

There is no support for XMPP/Jabber.

Example:
    A new visitor to the site sends a message via chat and waits for a response from our company, how do we respond?

You would need the chat window open to see messages. There is an audio notification if enabled.

n the past I demo'd some other companies and the messages from the site would appear in an IM client like iChat or even sent as an SMS. It would also allow several people in our office to receive the messages if we were all logged in, then the first one to respond would cancel out ongoing messages to the others in the office.

Unfortunately there is no support for this currently. As I mentioned there is no connection with XMPP/Jabber. Sorry.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.