Where to find a database plugin?

Hi,

I need to create different database (MySQL) where I can put a lot of fields for example memberinfo where the user can edit THEIR OWN record but have the ability to search/see ALL members and sort them. Admin should be able to edit all user and export to Excel or as csv. Put up different pages with extract from the databases and so on.

Where can I find like that? Have only so far found one that is nearly like that from wordpress.org (Custom Tables) the Premium Version. But there must someone in the world that have som similar need? One MySQL that was nearly perfect (But expensive) is SQL Maestro but then I have problem with secure the page/database and also to not need to login extra time for connection to the right user from logged in to wordpress.

Someone with ideas?

Take care / Lars

• eaglewp
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the quick reply Joe,

Just looked over the features for Custom Press and it seems to solve most of my need. BUT, the most important I dont see that it can handle.

I need many fields for each user for a nonprofit organization. There are 5 departments and around 500 members. No one that not is logged in should be able to see any information from the “member database”. Logged in member should first being able to search ALL members (one row for each member with basic info) then when clicking on a member get up the extra info (The whole record) that is on that member. AND if clicking on their own record being able to edit that record for some of the fields.

Admin should be able to edit all “normal” members post.

Can the plugin handle that or must it be much “manual” hacking OR maybe not at all with that plugin?

Take care / Lars

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Lars,

I have no idea since I cannot seem to wrap my brain around what your configuration would be nor what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

I need many fields for each user for a nonprofit organization. There are 5 departments and around 500 members. No one that not is logged in should be able to see any information from the “member database”. Logged in member should first being able to search ALL members (one row for each member with basic info) then when clicking on a member get up the extra info (The whole record) that is on that member. AND if clicking on their own record being able to edit that record for some of the fields.

However, I am going to see if I can get the lead developer of Custom Press in here to hopefully offer us some advice if he believes the choice I suggested being Custom Press is suitable within the parameters to what you are wanting to do.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I hope to get the developers advice/advise for us in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Lars,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.