Where to put google analytics tracking code?

Hello
Where do I put the Google Analytics tracking code on this theme? Also, where do I get the Google Site verification code for the Google Analytics plugin?

Dustin

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Dustin,

If you're using the Google Analytics plugin you won't need to add the tracking code to the theme, the plugin should take care of that for you once you enter the tracking code in the settings.

As for the verification, the plugin itself doesn't really take that into account from what I recall but the file verification is optimal for that regardless, as per Google. Have you tried that method?

-David

• mirajestudios
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Dustin,

How are you? I for one like to install the Google Verification Code manually. All I do is upload the google12345678.html file to the root of my server. Depends on your hosting company. Most files are uploaded to the root or public_html directory.

Here are some instructions for you. Hope it helps!

You can upload an HTML file to your website.

Download the HTML file by clicking the this HTML verification file link.
    Upload that file to http://yourdomain.com/ . If this is your primary domain, the correct folder is public_html.

Confirm successful upload by viewing the new .html file in your browser.

Go back to the Google Apps page and click the Verify button. Leave the HTML file in place even after verification succeeds.

After you click the Verify button, allow up to 48 hours for Google to verify your are the owner of the domain name.

~DeL~

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hi.

Just checking in to see how things are going. :slight_smile:

Our Google Analytics plugin for Multisite is here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/google-analytics-for-wordpress-mu-sitewide-and-single-blog-solution

We haven't heard form you on this in a while. So I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.