Where to upload the snapshot-installer.php and full backup

Hi, I am restoring my site. It keeps breaking down. Snapshot restore did not work have so now I am trying the snapshot-insaller.php and full backup option. Where exactly do I upload the backup before I unzip it. Is it just in the root folder not under uploads/snapshot? Also , where do I upload the snapshot-installer.php?

• Nithin

Hey inger,

I clicked on restoration/migration wizard and I got: Not Found

The requested URL /snapshot-installer.php was not found on this server.

The error relates that the files aren't found in the path, could you please make sure that you have the installer files, and archive in the Root directory. Root directory is where /wp-admin, /wp-content etc folders reside.

If it's already in there, maybe a screenshot would be able to give us a better idea regarding what could have happened here. Please do provide more info, so that we could help get you sorted asap. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• inger

Hi, I had to rename the user.ini file as it was attempting to load an old instance of wordfence-waf.php.. This happened to both of my sites that was multisite. One is no longer a multisite (crochetartdesign.com), but showed up as multisite on hostgator, even though I changed it back to a singlesite. I have deleted wordpress and started that site from scratch several times from backups. It is a singlesite, but I feel since it shows up as multisite when hostgator technician look at the site that there might be something wrong. Google cannot crawl that site properly and that happened when I changed it from singlesite to multisite. When I changed it back to singlesite, it never recovered the traffic and I get error when google tries and crawl the site. Is there anything I can do to fix that? Or should I set up a new domain and copy the content across?
    Let me know what you think?
    :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Ingie

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.