Where's that theme manual?

I’m new to WPMU-dev, and I have pretty minimal understanding of CSS, WordPress, etc. So I’m sure I’ll have additional questions.

For now, however, I’ve just installed Business Portfolio to check it out on a site. But I can’t find the PDF manual for it anywhere. Could anyone tell me where that is?

Thanks,

Ken

• ken_edelstein
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

OK. Thanks. A couple of things I’m having trouble with:

• Is there a way to size the homepage feature image? Also what’s supposed to go in Theme Options > Home Settings > Home feature image?

• Is there a way to customize the page feature description so that it’s not the same for each page, and/or so that it might include images, logos and the like?

• The site title in the title line (above the URL) either shows up twice (“Ken EdelsteinKen Edelstein”:wink: or if I erase it under either Settings>General or under Theme>Customize

• Biggest think right now: I can’t get the sidebar (if that <i>is</i> a sidebar). I was hoping for example to simply place a note there (just something like “Just a few of the websites we’ve worked on”:wink: and then showing the logos of websites and companies I’ve worked with in two side-by-side columns below that. Instead I’m getting the “strap line,” and that stuff (I don’t understand what that is). And then below that some widgets. Related: I can’t seem to get widgets in that sidebar; although the sidebar (with widgets) show up on other pages, I’m hoping to get that on the homepage.

• Should I be concerned that a bunch of errors show up under Theme Check? Will that make Business Portfolio buggy? This theme seems it could be perfect for me, but are some other WPMU less likely to have problems (as indicated through Theme Check?

Larger topic: I’m still a bit confused about several aspects of WPMU, e.g. 1) How do I make the transition from several individual blogs to multiuser, which I think would be better for me? If Farms 133 theme pack is all that (133 separate themes — all working together, all updated, etc.) — shoot — should I just stick to Farms 133 and not mess with Business Portfolio? 3) Will some of the useful Plugins I was using before WPMU (e.g. JetPack, WordPress SEO) potentially conflict with WPMU plugins?

Thanks for helping me out.

Best,

Ken

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

The image URL is supposed to go in the homepage feature image text box. Changing the size would require some CSS editing.

Changing the page feature description based on each page would require modifying the theme files.

I’m unable to replicate your third question. Could you provide some additional info there?

The sidebar doesn’t appear on the home page. All of that is configured under the home page settings.

I don’t think you should be too concerned about a bunch of errors. Although it depends on what they are. Mind copying and pasting them?

I don’t quite follow the “How do I make the transition from several individual blogs to multiuser, which I think would be better for me?” question. All WordPress sites are multiuser already. Are you talking about MultiSite?

Farms 133 does not interfere with other plugins or themes.

Other plugins will only conflict with WPMU plugins if they’re coded poorly.

I hope that answers all of your questions.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.