Where's the blog page?

Hi there,
I have a quick question. I'm working on a site using Product Theme and can't seem to get the posts page up and running.
I've gone to Settings/Reading and selected a page called "Blog" for the "posts page" but when I click on that page, I get the front page again.
Here is the link:
The front page: http://66.147.244.160/~integsb0/
The blog page (where the blog posts should be): http://66.147.244.160/~integsb0/blog/

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious....

Thanks for your help!
Laurie

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Laurie,

I'm testing a couple things out with this one currently. Could you let us know what version of WordPress and the Product theme you're using currently?

Also, is this a multisite by any chance? It might just be that the /blog/ slug is taken by multisite, no sure.

Could you try changing the name of the page or slug to something like /blog1/ ?

Thanks,
    David

• IntegraLLC
    • Flash Drive

Hi David,
    I'm using WP 3.2.1 and Product 3.1.1
    This is not a multisite, but just in case I tried creating a new page called News and reset the settings.
    When I did this, the News page shows a graphic that I had called news, but no posts and no front page.
    I tried renaming Blog to Blog1, but got the front page again.

Also, in settings, I don't have a "Home" option in the dropdown list of pages that I can assign static front or post page setting to....

Thanks for your help!
    Laurie

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

When using a static front-page, you'd have to utilize a blog template, which all the themes available here should have included.

So for your News page, as that appears to be working thus far, if you select the "blog-news" template when editing that page, that should show the posts on that page.

Could you give that a try?

Thanks,
    David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.