Where's the Starting Point in MarketPress for Affiliates

Hello,

I installed the Affiliates plugin and am using it in conjunction with MarketPress.

How do potential affiliates sign up, within my MarketPress store, to be affiliates?

I've read many questions on this forum and still can't figure out how to find the starting point so I can test what I'll promote.

Thank you,

Shirley

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello Shirley!

If you want to give your subscribers an affiliate link, then they can get a link by visiting the Affiliate Referrals link.

Here they can opt to enable the Affiliate link and even enter the site they will be sending referrals from.

You can also set the Affiliate Payment setting on the Payments Tab, so you can set what percentage of each purchase they get.

I'll attach a couple of pics for reference.

Hope this helps!

Kimberly

• SGF
    • New Recruit

Hello Kimberly,

The screenshot shows an administrative page within my store. It's a page that affiliates cannot access unless I allow them to enter, or am I incorrect?

You state that "...they can get a link by visiting the Affiliate Referrals link." How do they visit the Affiliate Referrals link if affiliates cannot access the page without approval from me?

Shirley

• maiki
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@SGF, they will need to have an account on your site. I haven't checked, but I think they can be Subscribers, which means no other permissions on the site beyond that role.

The Affiliates plugin keeps their settings tied to their account. I get that you want to make it as easy as possible. I would look at making account creation simple, and using an email message and simplified navigation (such as with the admin bar menu items, see the Ultimate Branding plugin for details) to point folks to that page.

The coding is all done, but we have to write some compelling content to get folks both excited and knowledgable about our affiliate programs. ^_^

• bobinfrance
    • Flash Drive

Apologies if this should be a separate query but it's on the same topic so might be helpful to SGF too:
    I have Marketpress and Affliates (add on for MP active) and I've set a & in MP for the affliate - now what?
    I now that sounds dumb but I've tried using the affliate link I set up and placed an order but the order doesn't seem to be tied to the affliate in any way.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

• SGF
    • New Recruit

Hi Tom,

Thanks for checking. The Affiliate plugin is an uphill challenge, with too much that's omitted from it (a place to put your terms and conditions among other administrative information) and is postponed for now as part of my projects.

Shirley

• loudsugar
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The settings and functionality for the affiliate plugin are great but you need to make it easy for site owners/operators to provide an affiliate sign-up page as well as a page for affiliate account management. Why not create shortcodes that can be dropped in for both of these pages? The language and settings for both could be managed from the affiliates plugin settings but I have see several people asking how to get started and I think that's because you don't offer guidance or tools for making a front-end for the affiliates to sign up or manage their account.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@loudsugar

There are several shortcodes available.

[affiliatelogincheck] – place this at the top of the page that you are planning on using the rest of the shortcodes on and it will display a login message if the user isn’t logged in.
    [affiliateuserdetails] – mirrors the affiliate details form from the admin area (yellow box)
    [affiliatestatstable] – mirrors the large click statistics table
    [affiliatevisitstable] – mirrors the referrers this month table
    [affiliatetopvisitstable] – mirrors the top referrers table
    [affiliatestatschart] – mirrors the main statistics charts
    [affiliatevisitschart] – mirrors the referrers charts
    [affiliatebanners] – displays the banners you add to your affiliate settings

What i do on my sites it to create a page for my affilates and add it to a custom menu with a combination of the shortcodes above.

http://mydomainname.tld/affiliate-program and then /affiliate-reports

Cheers

Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.