Which Backup Plugin/Method Are You Using?

Hi,

Just want to get a grasp from WP experts here on which backup plugin/method are you using for your multisite?

I've tried several backup tools like WPTwin, BackupBuddy etc. but multisite seems to be a bottleneck for proper backup.

Regards, William

• William
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Seth,

I saw this plugin but my concern is does this plugin backup the entire WordPress ... say for the purpose of cloning to another domain name for example?

Keywords I've read in this plugin is "snapshot", "backup" ... can this plugin be used for backup of entire (as in WHOLE) WordPress for restoration or cloning to another domain name?

William

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @William I haven't transferred an entire website over to another domain. but if memory serves me it either can or is possibly in the works.

I know that I personally use Snapshot and it's by far the best one I've used so far. I still as a redundant back up my databases from the cpanel. Better to have more than not enough backups.

• William
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@ Dean Kaus,

Totally agree with you on the importance of backups.

But if the backup is not tested, especially for restoration or cloning, the full process might not work, which means all those backup now is for piece of mind but it actually don't work if you need them.

Guess I've to do my own testing then. If in case anyone here tried and it works (or don't), it'll be good to share.

William

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.