Which Directory file do I embed the CustomPress code in?!

I asked this question in another thread a few days ago and still haven't received a response, and I've seen a lot of other people asking this question, so I'm making it it's own thread in the hopes that someone on the dev team will be able to answer it: for those of us not using the included theme, what is the name and location of the file that the single Listing is using as a template? I need to add the necessary embed code for CustomPress or other custom fields to get them to display on the front end.

I'm building a site for a client and I've been holding off on building the directory because I can't solve this problem, but I can't delay any longer. Please answer soon!

Thanks.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi lorgra

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team!

In order to assist I would need to know which theme your referring to here:

for those of us not using the included theme

I will assume that you're talking about the Directory Plugin, so to answer your question:

what is the name and location of the file that the single Listing is using as a template?

Please see in the Plugin zip file directory » themes » default » single-listing.php. This should be the file you're looking for.

Also, I searched for any other threads also referring to your question and couldn't find any.

I asked this question in another thread a few days ago and still haven't received a response

Please let me have the links to those and I can make sure that they are also answered / referred to my answer here.

Have a good day and please do let me know if my advice helped.

GinaB

• lorgra

Thanks to both of you for the assistance, I found the file and have successfully added the CustomPress fields.

GinaB, to answer your question, I and others asked this question in this thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/frustrated-with-directory-setup

If I may make a suggestion, simply adding this text to the end of the Installation manual for the Directory plugin would prevent a lot of confusion:

To customize the page for how Listings are displayed, add embed code for custom fields to the single-listing.php file found in this Plugin's Themes folder, then copy the file to your overall Themes folder. This is also where you can remove the ratings system code if you'd prefer not to allow ratings or reviews of your listings.

or something like that.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.