Which e-commerce app do you recommend?

I run a large Christmas Fair for my school. We have to list and sell over 100 stalls in various categories such as Christmas Decorations and Jewellery. Each stall can optionally have Power and Parking. Although I have 100 stalls I only have 50 power supplies and 60 parking places.

I have written my own application using WordPress and Formidable Forms but maintenance is hard work and I want to move to using a standard e-commerce package.

I need
* Configurable items with good stock control. If the first 50 people to purchase stalls order power supplies they will have to go out-of-stock.

* The ability to do PayPal refunds within the system. This is a killer at the moment. 5% of people cancel or amend their orders and everything has to be updated manually.

Ideally the system will be well documented/supported so that when odd requirements come up I can hack an implementation.

* Which package would you recommend and why?

Thank you for your help
James

• Jude

Howdy @James Bayley on WPMU

Hope you had a great weekend !

Both WooCommerce and MarketPress are excellent for this, they support all you want out of the box. Which one you choose boils down to a matter of preference.

MP has an edge in that its free for you and you have us to help you in the hacking

WC is better when it comes to the sheer number of extensions available in the market both free and paid.

Cheers
    Jude

P.S : Impressive that you custom coded a solution for this with WP and Formidable which was able to carry you forward for a period of time. I know how crazy it can get when you do ecomm in a non standard way.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.