I am planning to implement a multisite network. The network will allow vendors to sign up for an account which allows them to create their own blog and access to other plugins. I will be using pro sites to limit the vendor access to certain plugins and themes. It will also have a directory to list all vendors.
As the plan comes with Free and Paid plans, I am planning the following and wonder which is the best option to achieve the outcome:
- BuddyPress + Pro Sites
- Free plans only allow user to have access to BuddyPress and not create any blog
- Paid plans allow user to have access to BuddyPress and create a blog.
- BuddyPress will act as a directory, and list all main users (those user sign up via main site and not those created in sub site)
- Prosites + Directory
- Free plans only allow user to submit a listing and create a blog with basic features.
- Paid plans allow user to submit listing and create a blog and premium features.
The issue for option 1 is how do I only list those users that sign up via the main site and not those created by the sub site admins? Any plugins available for this?
Also how do I disable those users belonging in the subsite to have the ability to create their own blog?
Issues for Option 2, what is the best way to integrate this 2 plugins (Directory + Pro Sites)? Can I allow user to submit listing by using Gravity Forms?
Hope someone can shed some light into any of the options.