Which kind of activation for this plugin?

I have a multisite network being set up... using ProSites, possibly MarketPress. Where do I activate the plugin? Do I do it only for my main site? Or do I do a network activate? I would like to offer affiliate privileges only to people who are in a paid level. (The free accounts wouldn't have affiliate status.) Is this possible? Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @warpedmind,

Thank you for your question.

I have a multisite network being set up... using ProSites, possibly MarketPress. Where do I activate the plugin? Do I do it only for my main site? Or do I do a network activate?

Refer the following reply to get some idea on it https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/does-affiliates-plugin-work-at-both-network-level-and-member-site-level#post-528418

I would like to offer affiliate privileges only to people who are in a paid level. (The free accounts wouldn't have affiliate status.) Is this possible?

I think it's possible using membership plugin but i haven't been able to figure this out myself, so i'm going to flag the developer here for some feedback.

Cheers.

• Paul

Hi @warpedmind,

Or do I do a network activate?

In case there are any questions. Yes, you should Network activate the Affiliate plugin under Multisite. The only reason not to Network activate the plugin is if you want individual sites to have their own affiliate logic. In that case each site would individually need to activate the plugins. And when activated on the individual sites the plugin will create a set of database tables local to that site.

I would like to offer affiliate privileges only to people who are in a paid level. (The free accounts wouldn't have affiliate status.) Is this possible?

As Vinod mentioned this is handled through our Membership plugin. A user must enable the affiliate option via their profile (Users > Affiliate Referrals) In order to received their affiliate link and enable click tracking. So my assumption is you want to hide this menu except for paid members.

Note this solution has nothing really to do with the Affiliate Membership Add on (Affiliate Add-ons). That Add-on is used to handle user signups on the front-end when you have the Membership plugin installed.

In Membership you want to set this up as a negative or positive rule. For my example I'm going to define a negative rule for my 'Visitor' (free) level.

I go to Membership > Access Levels. There is a listing of my 3 levels: Level 1, Level 2 and Visitors. I select Visitors to edit. You will see the tabs for Positive Rules, Negative Rules, Advanced. Click the Negative Rules tab.

Along the right side find the 'Administration' section. Within that section click/drag the 'Sub Menus' section into the rules section. This will expand to show all your current menus. Under the Users menu set the checkbox for the Affiliate Referrals sub-menu. Save the settings.

Now you can assign this access level to users.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.